PDA

View Full Version : Signal strength & kbps

thekirbyfake
2008-10-31, 09:34
I have one of my SB3 in the conservatory so the signal from my router has to travel through and exterior wall. Thanks to the seemingly horrendous wi-fi SB receiver (laptop, PSP etc. in the same room have full strength) I often have issues with songs juddering.

I'm playing FLAC files at high bit rates (>1000kbps) but when I listen to radio stations the signal seems less interupted. If I switch to a lower kbps source (e.g. mp3) is it likely to solve the issue?

Phil Leigh
2008-10-31, 10:16
I have one of my SB3 in the conservatory so the signal from my router has to travel through and exterior wall. Thanks to the seemingly horrendous wi-fi SB receiver (laptop, PSP etc. in the same room have full strength) I often have issues with songs juddering.

I'm playing FLAC files at high bit rates (>1000kbps) but when I listen to radio stations the signal seems less interupted. If I switch to a lower kbps source (e.g. mp3) is it likely to solve the issue?

to keep the answer short - yes it should. Try bitrate limiting to 256 - you will probably find there is no real notieable difference in quality in a conservatory. I know from experience...all that glass...