PDA

View Full Version : Using Preamp volume control for duet

Stoffer
2008-10-31, 03:12
Hi.
I have a setup with an active speaker connected to the analog output of the duet.
But the volume is kinda high even when set to minimum volume.
So I have desided to use the preamp volume control in the squeezecenter.
But there is no difference in the volume output when setting the preamp damping to 63 compared to setting it to 0. I have tried setting it in squeezecenter to 63, and then reading it back from squeezenetwork,here I also read 63.
Is there something I have to do additionaly in order to use the preamp volume control ?

Phil Leigh
2008-10-31, 10:18
Hi.
I have a setup with an active speaker connected to the analog output of the duet.
But the volume is kinda high even when set to minimum volume.
So I have desided to use the preamp volume control in the squeezecenter.
But there is no difference in the volume output when setting the preamp damping to 63 compared to setting it to 0. I have tried setting it in squeezecenter to 63, and then reading it back from squeezenetwork,here I also read 63.
Is there something I have to do additionaly in order to use the preamp volume control ?

yes - player settings - audio - volume control - volume controls adjusts outputs

Stoffer
2008-11-03, 00:46
Hmm. I have tried that. Am I supposed to power cycle the reciever or something like that, or should the changes take place as soon as I press save changes ?

Phil Leigh
2008-11-03, 03:17
Hmm. I have tried that. Am I supposed to power cycle the reciever or something like that, or should the changes take place as soon as I press save changes ?

Should be straight away, but I would shut down SC then restart it to be sure the change has taken.