PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter service gives error when starting up

vLint
2008-10-28, 07:52
I have one account on my PC with a password. I always had Squeecenter run as a service on that account. So I only had to turn on the PC and Squeezecenter boots up with the log-in info I entered. So I didn't have to login.

I did a format on my PC to clean up somethings and did a fresh install of Squeecenter 7.2.1. Scanned sucessfully all my music.

But, when I now startup my PC, the Squeezecenter service does not boot up. When I login on my account, I see that the service failed to boot. When I manually boot the service on that moment, everythings starts well.

Here are the logs of the bootup error:

[08-10-28 15:25:39.2035] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=sli mserver','slimserver',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 652
[08-10-28 15:25:39.2151] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:
frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (C:/Program Files/SqueezeCenter/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 658)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 616)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 543)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (C:/Program Files/SqueezeCenter/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 5: (eval) (C:/Program Files/SqueezeCenter/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 131)
frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 8: Slim::Music::Info::init (slimserver.pl line 368)
frame 9: main::init (slimserver.pl line 42)
frame 10: PerlSvc::Startup (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>PerlSvc.pm line 95)
frame 11: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 12: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)
[08-10-28 15:25:39.2165] Slim::Schema::init (134) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [Bad file descriptor] Exiting!
[08-10-28 15:25:39.2174] Slim::Schema::init (134) Backtrace:
frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 134)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::init (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 2: Slim::Music::Info::init (slimserver.pl line 368)
frame 3: main::init (slimserver.pl line 42)
frame 4: PerlSvc::Startup (/<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>PerlSvc.pm line 95)
frame 5: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 6: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)
[08-10-28 15:25:39.2220] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (1487) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

Does anyone know what is the problem, and if there is a solution?

To be clear... when Squeezecenter runs after starting it manually everything works like a charm.

mvalera
2008-10-28, 11:12
Hey,

Sorry you're having a problem. As this is not a support forum, you may or may not get an answer or help from the community.

Your best bet is to contact support directly, and they will be glad to help with your problem:

http://slimdevices.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/slimdevices.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Mike

badbob
2008-10-28, 11:30
I have a bug too. On a fresh install of 7.2.1 it works normally with audio playing, but if I change to "start SC when the computer loads up" and enter in name and password, SC loads up and works except there is no audio.

Skunk
2008-10-28, 12:42
I did a format on my PC to clean up somethings and did a fresh install of Squeecenter 7.2.1. Scanned sucessfully all my music.

But, when I now startup my PC, the Squeezecenter service does not boot up. When I login on my account, I see that the service failed to boot. When I manually boot the service on that moment, everythings starts well.

Did you reinstall any virus software that might be blocking .MYI and .MYD files?

A workaround might be setting the Recovery option (Right Click on Service>Properties) for the SC service to Restart after failure, but I haven't tried it.

vLint
2008-10-28, 15:58
I complete uninstall and then a fresh install did the job.
Now it works fine again, as it should be.

pski
2008-11-01, 07:51
Same issue except the service will start and then stop. In SERVICES, click Start and the service begins but Vister indicates "service started and then stopped... some services stop when they are not being used."

Also trying a complete uninstall/reinstall. Fingers and toes crossed.

p