PDA

View Full Version : squuezebox duet remote jack?

oceanhut
2008-10-27, 05:29
On the squeezebox duet remote, there appears to be a earphone jack. I plugged it in to my computer speakers, and the remotes 'sounds' played (clicking, etc.) but the actual music would not play. Any thoughts as to why the music wont play?

Thanks in advance,
john

davep
2008-10-27, 05:52
On the squeezebox duet remote, there appears to be a earphone jack. I plugged it in to my computer speakers, and the remotes 'sounds' played (clicking, etc.) but the actual music would not play. Any thoughts as to why the music wont play?

Thanks in advance,
john

That's because the remote is not (yet) a player. However if you wait for a while - until the release of version 7.3 of SqueezeCenter - it should be enabled and able to function as an independent player (i.e. it can even play different tracks to those playing through the Receiver).

davep

oceanhut
2008-10-27, 06:20
Thank you very much! I look forward to that update.

Howard Passman
2008-10-27, 10:36

Thanks in advance,
john

The "player" function has been enabled with SC 7.3 beta. So far I haven't found any issues with the 7.3 release so it seems safe to load it.

Once enabled the only way to control the volumn for now is a volume control on your headphones or you have to ssh in to your controller. You would also have to do that to turn off the external speaker for the time being.

If you're comfortable messing with that type of stuff, the SBC player works fairly well right now. You can't use Pandora, Rhapsody, etc, but you can use your music files and Internet radio.

A further warning, a few folks haven't had any luck at all getting it to work, but at least it hasn't seemed to affect the normal function of SBC, SN or SC.

Howard