PDA

View Full Version : DOA/Broken duet and logitech support

tin
2008-10-26, 18:11
Unfortunately my duet had a dead reciever. I didn't really fancy sending the whole thing back to Dabs cos it's quite a big box. So no problems, I used the recommended web form ( at http://slimdevices.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/slimdevices.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php ) to ask if Logitech can replace just the reciever, and used the controller with my SB3.

A couple of "you've emailed the US, we'll pass your request on to European" mails (both from "Logitech EMEA support") came and went, and then the controller developed a fault - a pixel width white line right across the screen that won't go no matter what I do.

So I've resigned myself to sending the whole lot back to Dabs after all.

However, the point of this post I suppose, just to let you all know especially those wanting their tunes in multiple rooms, that according to Logitech EMEA support "the receiver of the Logitech Squeezebox Duet is not available as a stand alone accessory for replacement or for sale". ;)

Communication, they have heard of it........

mvalera
2008-10-27, 08:05
Of course the Squeezebox Receiver is available for sale...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/4098&cl=gb,en

That was just a poor communication by the EMEA support team. They will only do a RMA for the whole Squeezebox Duet because that is what you purchased originally.

They would have done an RMA on the Squeezebox Receiver or Controller separately if you had bought them standalone.

It makes sense in some internal accounting/inventory way. :)

Mike

tin
2008-10-27, 14:30
TBH it was a comment on the support operation rather than the supposed unavailability of the standalone receiver, or the reason why they won't RMA separate bits ;)

Ronnyjoz
2008-10-28, 11:41
At least you got a reply. I've been waiting three days now and all I've had is an automated reply saying they'll reply within twenty-four hours >:(

mvalera
2008-10-28, 14:07
Please PM your details and I will try and see what's going on.

Mike