PDA

View Full Version : TwonkyMedia server using port 9000?

probedb
2008-10-26, 10:09
Hi all,

Anyone know how to get around this?

I can access SqueezeCentre on the server using 127.0.0.1:9000 but externally, Twonky seems to have stolen the port number even when I've changed it to respond on 9001?

Cheers?

Paul.

probedb
2008-10-26, 10:12
Ignore me, sorted it.

BjornV
2008-12-26, 08:20
How did you sort it out? Is there a way to change the TwonkyMedia port?

danco
2008-12-27, 03:29
I think the TwonkyMedia port can be changed, but I forget how.

The SqueezeCenter port can be easily changed. Under Settings, Advanced, Network.

probedb
2008-12-27, 04:44
Yep it's easier to change SqueezeCenter :)

Twonky is a bit odd and you can't actually specify all the ports you need.

rdb001
2009-01-15, 10:16
I have the same issue. I installed Twonkymedia and now when I open the web interface it goes directly to Twonkeymedia. I haven't figured out how to access Squeezecenter and thus haven't been able to change the port (I imagine that will become clear when I am able to open it). Can anyone help? I am running Mac OSX and SC 7.2 or so.

toby10
2009-01-15, 11:16
I have the same issue. I installed Twonkymedia and now when I open the web interface it goes directly to Twonkeymedia. I haven't figured out how to access Squeezecenter and thus haven't been able to change the port (I imagine that will become clear when I am able to open it). Can anyone help? I am running Mac OSX and SC 7.2 or so.

Turn off Twonky. If it isn't running (and SC7 is) then you should get SC7's interface.

probedb
2009-01-15, 13:02
Turn off Twonky. If it isn't running (and SC7 is) then you should get SC7's interface.

What he said :)

steveh
2009-01-15, 13:15
Find server preferences file i.e

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\prefs\server.prefs"

Edit with notepad,find httpport 9000, change port no.to whatever you wish then save

Then no conflict with Twonky exists.

martinsmith
2009-03-23, 11:01
Regrattably what looked like useful information above so far has not solved my problem!

I have TwonkyMedia Manager controlling four Netgear MP101s and am on the verge of ordering my first couple of Squeezeboxes and my R&D mission was to make sure i could still power the remaining MP101s until i can buy further squeezeboxes. Sadly if unexpectedly they dont pick up on the Squeeze server, or running both media servers on my Vista machine wouldnt be necessry.

Documented already is the same problem i have - twonky takes over port 9000. However. On this vista machine i cannot cannot cannot locate a server.pref file or anything else containing an http port i can mod for Squeezebox, and neither can i find it on the software in the Advanced section - the instructions above would appear to be for an earlier release.

As other users have found, i've modded the config file for twonky to a non-9000 port but it plain ignores that, so i'm scuppered unless someone has more up to date instructions, or a workaround. I'd settle for leaving twonkymedia running and having squeezecenter accessible now on port 9000 but am sttruggling to acheive it!

Any help gratefully received!

martinsmith
2009-03-23, 11:03
( i thought i should also mention i have SqueezeCenter Vrsion: 7.3.2 installed)

ziggyb63
2009-03-23, 11:10
Under Advanced, select the Network dropdown, Web Server Port Number

probedb
2009-03-23, 12:53
Under Advanced, select the Network dropdown, Web Server Port Number

What he said, it's definitely there and on that version of SqueezeCenter

martinsmith
2009-03-27, 09:10
Thanks guys - I have sorted it but had to uninstalllvtwonky (again) in order to even be able to access the squeeze settings, change the port number and then reinstall twonky and let it have port 9000 seeings it's so hung up on it (and despite changing the port in a few places in it's confit file, as others have posted here)

All sorted !

martinsmith
2009-03-27, 09:12
Thanks guys - I have sorted it but had to uninstalll twonky (again) in order to even be able to access the squeeze settings, change the port number and then reinstall twonky and let it have port 9000 seeings it's so hung up on it (and despite changing the port in a few places in it's confit file, as others have posted here)

All sorted !