PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: add all the "favorites" to a playlist

alexdemaet
2008-10-26, 03:38
It's quite time consuming to add a favorite one by one to a playlist.
It would be also nice to be able to play the "favorites" without having to add them to a playlist.
It would also be nice to be able to randomize a playlist, because every time you select a playlist it plays in the same order.

ModelCitizen
2008-10-26, 04:11
It's quite time consuming to add a favorite one by one to a playlist.
It would be also nice to be able to play the "favorites" without having to add them to a playlist.
It would also be nice to be able to randomize a playlist, because every time you select a playlist it plays in the same order.

I'm not sure I've understood you correctly but just in case I have.

1) Why don't you add your favourites to a playlist instead of making them favourites in the first place? It sounds like the zapped songs playlist might suit you... if it still exists (I've never used it so don't know).
If you use Last.fm you could "love" your favourite tracks as you come across them and then play them all through your Last.fm Loved Tracks radio (which is what I do).

2) As for randomizing a playlist. Is there a reason why the inbuilt SC "shuffle" function doesn't suit you?

MC

alexdemaet
2008-10-26, 10:51
>Why don't you add your favourites to a playlist instead of making them favourites in the first place? I don't use my desktop pc to organize playlists! I like the absence of a keyboard an mouse when I am listening to music! I simply add the songs I like to the "favorites", I simply want to build playlists by using the "favorites". What's the use of the "favorites" if you can't build a playlist from it?

>If you use Last.fm you could "love" your favourite tracks as you come across them and then play them all through your Last.fm Loved Tracks radio (which is what I do). I don't use last.fm, I only use my own music library which is locally stored on my desktop pc.

2) As for randomizing a playlist. Is there a reason why the inbuilt SC "shuffle" function doesn't suit you? I haven't tried the shuffle function yet. Does this mean that tracks aren't played from the beginning to the end?

ModelCitizen
2008-10-26, 15:37
I simply want to build playlists by using the "favorites". What's the use of the "favorites" if you can't build a playlist from it?

Favorites is there to store your favorite playlists and radio stations etc. It's not meant for storing individual tracks and then playing them all, as that is what a playlist is for!

You can make playlists and save them via your controller or remote (i.e. no computer). There is an inbuilt enabled "Save Playlist" plugin. This is the way to achieve what you want, not by using favorites.

I don't use last.fm, I only use my own music library which is locally stored on my desktop pc.
If you have an always on internet connection it may be worth looking at it as can also provide what you want.

I haven't tried the shuffle function yet
It might be best if you played around with your set up a little (or even read through some of the extensive documentation). The shuffle function is very hard to miss. It only takes a few seconds to try it and then you'd have the answer to your question.... which is.... yes, shuffle plays the tracks in any chosen playlist in a random order, i.e. it shuffles them. I'm certain it is exactly the function you want.

MC