PDA

View Full Version : Menus Aren't Showing Up And Support Isn't Answering

DasFox
2008-10-24, 20:15
I sent in an email question to support but they haven't replied so I wanted to ask if anyone here knows about the Menu in Sqeezecenter 7.2.1

I made some changes in the settings adding in 'Rescan Music Library', but nothing is showing up for it on the Home page.

Here's a screen shot of the ones underlined in red that don't appear and the ones in green that do.

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=menuul3.jpg

Aren't all of these suppose to appear on the Home page as the different menu sections and subsections, and if so why aren't the ones in red appearing?

THANKS

MeSue
2008-10-24, 20:25
Those settings are for controlling the home menu on the player display. You are referring to the main menu of the Web interface. Two different things.

However, most of what you want is right there on the web home page or a click or two away.

Now Playing - the entire right side of the page.
Settings - text link right below now playing list
SqueezeNetwork - Not applicable from Squeezecenter, though I suppose a link to squeezenetwork.com might be useful. (I never use it except to configure services which I access via SC.)
Rescan - Click to settings and it's right on the first tab.

DasFox
2008-10-24, 23:19
Yes I know what you mean, I just thought you'd see these settings on the Home page with Squeezecenter, it's a bit confusing that they place those settings in the Squeezecenter and then they don't apply to Squeezecenter.

Thanks

radish
2008-10-25, 09:38
All the settings under the "Player" tab are, unsurprisingly, related to individual players. I'm not sure where you'd prefer them to be, for those of us with many players it's rather useful to be able to set them all up from one place.

DasFox
2008-10-28, 12:36
All the settings under the "Player" tab are, unsurprisingly, related to individual players. I'm not sure where you'd prefer them to be, for those of us with many players it's rather useful to be able to set them all up from one place.

I just found out this has to do with the hardware player, not Squeezecenter, and I only use Squeezecenter and Softsqueeze as a personal server is all...

THANKS