PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter Problem - Where is Server.Prefs?

ashmore
2008-10-24, 15:02
Hi

My SqueezeCenter has gone loopy since I upgraded to v 7.2 and persists with 7.2.1. SC does not load on startup as it always has (windows XP), and my SB3 and the new Boom have terrible problems connecting - I get a few seconds of play and then a disconnection and 'trying to wake up SqueezeCentre' notices and latterly 'connection reset by server'.

On install I received a message saying there was a problem with a shared port 9000 and recommending I change it to 9010 or 9100. I have found the server.prefs file and followed the instructions (edited it in notepad, saved, closed). However as soon as I close the window it defaults back to 9000.

I'm sure it's something pretty simple but it's driving me bonkers - especially as I've just unwrapped the Boom.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Simon

Kuben72
2008-10-26, 14:07
Maybe it would be better to find out what is using port 9000 besides SC. And the stop that program - if you can.

aubuti
2008-10-26, 14:38
I have found the server.prefs file and followed the instructions (edited it in notepad, saved, closed). However as soon as I close the window it defaults back to 9000.
Have you stopped SC before editing server.prefs? If you don't then it won't save your changes.

ashmore
2008-10-27, 05:34
Thank you both for your replies.

Intriguingly, the issue seems to have corrected itself without further intervention (though I perhaps only temporarily). Nevertheless I will follow both your suggestions - no I hadn't switched SC off (schoolboy error).

Thanks again.

PS the little Boom is an absolute joy.