PDA

View Full Version : Controller does not work with two boxes well in 7.2.1

jmschnur
2008-10-24, 15:02
Becuase I have different reception for my SB3 and Duet receiver, I wish to limit the band width for the Duet receiver (356) but not the other.

I have several computers-two are running 7.2.1. This works fine for both the receiver and the SB3 but the controller does not see my SB3 when I have it on a different slim server then the one my receiver is on.

Is this a bug or is there a fix for this?

Joel

aubuti
2008-10-24, 15:11
This might not be the solution you're looking for, but you don't need to run two slimservers to limit the bandwidth on the SBR. The bitrate limiting is a player-specific setting (Settings > Player > Audio > Bitrate limiting), so why not run just one server, and set bitrate limiting for the SBR and not the SB3?

radish
2008-10-24, 15:12
Is this a bug or is there a fix for this?
No and no. The Controller will only be able to see players connected to the same SC instance as it is. Unless there's a good reason to, I'd recommend only running one instance of SC at a time.

jmschnur
2008-10-24, 15:47
This might not be the solution you're looking for, but you don't need to run two slimservers to limit the bandwidth on the SBR. The bitrate limiting is a player-specific setting (Settings > Player > Audio > Bitrate limiting), so why not run just one server, and set bitrate limiting for the SBR and not the SB3?

Thanks-until I get a beter signal upstairs this works fine.

Joel