Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vladimir36
    • Oct 2008

Squeezebox without a computer...

Finally I can use Squeezebox without a computer. I found a way to use my Siemens SE555 router as a webserver. Now I can play music from USB stick or external hard drive plugged in the router. MP3 files are stored as My Favorites on SqueezeNetwork.

Just wonder does anyone have the same setting?
  • BiT
    • Oct 2008

I myself have a Synology DS107+ NAS hooked up to a wireless Conceptronic router...

I have a question for you. Where did you install SqueezeCenter on? The Siemens?
    SB FTW

Comment

• SuperQ
      • Nov 2005

Why not just use mp3tunes?

Comment

• Vladimir36
        • Oct 2008

No, I don't have any kind of Squeezecenter instaled on my system.
        Squeezenetwork is server for my Sueezebox!

On site - http://www.squeezenetwork.com/settings/favorites - I can locate music files on my USB stick and make it my Favorites.
        With DynDns service my router now have a static IP address. It's important because Squeezenetwork can't connect to local files...

The whole idea is to have my music on my hard drive or USB stick, so I don't have to upload large files on distant computer.
        And, of course, without any hardware except router which I must have anyway.

USB stick can be directly plugged in my computer for music upload or I can upload music with FTP.
        Last edited by Vladimir36; 2008-10-25, 09:10.

Comment

• peterbell
          • Sep 2006

... but this means that any locally stored music has to be sent up to squeezenetwork, and back down to your squeezebox again.

I guess that you have a reliable and fast connection. I might have tried this while I lived in UK, but Internet connections are so unreliable here in Philippines that I wouldn't contemplate such an arrangement.

Comment

• karihj
            • Dec 2008

Hey Vladimir! Can you tell me if you can access your files on your local network? I've tried a ftp-connection via ftp://10.0.1.192/music.mp3, but I can't press play.

Comment

Working...