PDA

View Full Version : Battery life time for Duet Controller?

jmschnur
2008-10-23, 11:01
How long can I expect to use the controller (normal use) before I need to return it to its cradle for charging?

Joel

andynormancx
2008-10-23, 12:31
It kind of depends what your "normal" use is. But in my normal use I can normally get just about a couple of days before it has to go back to the cradle.

Thg6276
2008-10-23, 13:25
Hi. Is it a good idea to let always the controller on the cradle or not?

finnbrodersen
2008-10-23, 13:29
It kind of depends what your "normal" use is. But in my normal use I can normally get just about a couple of days before it has to go back to the cradle.

???

I think my "normal" use is a little different from yours. My SBC normally dies after 3 hours.

bpa
2008-10-23, 13:49
See Wiki documentation for SD expectations/measurements.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeOS_Internals#Battery_Measurements

jmschnur
2008-10-23, 15:05
Yes I get about 4-6 hours as described. For my use of hte controller in several rooms over the day and during the week, perhaps it makes sense to get a 2nd charger.

Joel

Howard Passman
2008-10-24, 01:51
Yes I get about 4-6 hours as described. For my use of hte controller in several rooms over the day and during the week, perhaps it makes sense to get a 2nd charger.

Joel

....I believe they are still unavailable. :-(

Howard

Howard Passman
2008-10-24, 01:56
I've never run mine completely down. I do a ton of chimping (photography term, but it may crossover) and have listened for a few hours and not gone lower than 75% full. When I loaded SC 7.3 beta and turned on the SBC as a player, I ran it straight, with headphones, for 2.5 hours, chimping and all and it was still at half full. When I stopped it for just a few minutes and turned it back on, it showed 75% full again.

I've had my DUET since they first became available so the lithium ion batteries have been somewhat cycled many, many times. Always seems to help.

Howard

andynormancx
2008-10-24, 03:05
Yes I get about 4-6 hours as described.

How are you using it ? If I use it very intensively, i.e. picking it up and playing with it every couple of minutes then I get just over 5 hours.

In my normal use I'll queue up and album or a bunch of tracks and then put it down. Occasionally I'll pick it up to see what track is playing, but mostly it will then sit undisturbed for 40 minutes or so. Until I pick it up to queue up the next album/tracks.

If it only lasted 5 hours when I used it like that I would be extremely frustrated. But using it like that, for 8-10 hours a day, it lasts a couple of days before it needs to be charged again. In reality though it ends up back in the charging cradle at the end of every day, not because it needs to, it just seems like the right place for it to live..