PDA

View Full Version : Switch SB3 from SC to SN before turning on

sand
2008-10-22, 03:41
Hi all,
I would like to switch SB3 from SC to SN without turning it on, prevent waking my NAS up.. is that possible?
I have tried holding down the left arrow for a while but nothing happened.. is there an other way?
Thanks

nacmacfeegle
2008-10-22, 04:19
Hi sand,
maybe the server power control plugin might be of use
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48521

I use XP on my servers, and have this plugin to automagically switch the Squeezeboxes to Squeezenetwork when I power off the server via the SB remote. It will also shut down and switch to SN after a definable period of inactivity on the SBs. You can specify the shutdown/sleep/hibernate etc state of the server from the plugin settings. I'm not sure if it would work with your NAS and it may depend on it's OS.

I have different fonts/savers on the boxes for SN and SC so I can tell at a glance whether the server is off or not.

Alternatively you could disable wake on lan at your NAS.

sand
2008-10-23, 00:20
Thank you nacmacfeegle!

I never thought of using a plugin for this.. however the installation seems complicated (especially for a linux ubuntu nas), with a lot of manual steps not like with other plugins where you just copy the files to the nas.. are you using it?

nacmacfeegle
2008-10-23, 04:12
Yes, I use it on windows XP, and all the set up is done in the Squeezecentre Plugins interface.
Very simple for windows users.

Why don't you post the queries on the thread above, I'm sure someone would be able to help you.

Good luck, happy listening.

sand
2008-10-23, 04:33
OK, sounds good, but I just got the impression reading the release docs that installing this plugin involved more steps than to just copy the files to the nas, like with other plugins..?