PDA

View Full Version : XM subscriber wants to listen on SB

ungerwu
2008-10-20, 19:10
Can I do that? Listen to XM on my SB?

Howard Passman
2008-10-21, 02:59
Can I do that? Listen to XM on my SB?

If you are new to SB or are currently looking at it and you see in print that you can "listen to XM" on the SB. Forget about it. It's what drew me to the SB in the first place and has been a constant source of... well, let's just say you won't have it working long at any one stretch.

SB does support Sirius so who knows what the future will bring, but I think the solution for us users is more likely to be we'll be switched to Sirrius rather than Logitech supporting XM. They've said it many times in this forum, so I believe it to be true.

I would like to add that SB is an exciting way to listen to music even if you can't get XM. Setting up your music files and playing them is the highest quality way to listen to music on the SB, but services like Pandora and Rhapsody are decent for listening and keep you from getting bored with the same old music you have at home.

At first, trying to sort through the millions(seems like)of choices of online music is as daunting as trying to pick the pickle with the most bumps out of the pickle barrel (darn, did I show my age), but you narrow it down eventually and get help from folks who have your tastes and have already gone through many of the choices.

For now I plug my XM radio right in to my preamp or I can plug it in to the back of the Boom. Works fine, but not as cool as having it on your SBC.

Howard

sc53
2008-10-21, 08:11
I was able to listen to my XM subscription on my SB3's for a while but now the plug-in that allowed it is disabled. Don't know what happened but only Sirius is supported now. I prefer the multitude of other options available through SC and Squeezenetwork anyway, as the above poster mentions. I listen to XM in my car, and am happy to try one of the thousands of other options at home. Pandora is fantastic on the Boom in the kitchen, streaming my own 200 gb of music in Random Mix on the other SB3's in the house is like my own personal radio station that always surprises me.