PDA

View Full Version : Does Rhapsody Service Allow Both PC Client and SqueezeBox Access?

MikeekiM
2008-10-20, 12:15
I have a 30 day trial that still has about 20 days left...

When I signed up for the trial, there was no mention of UserIDs or passwords... No asking for credit card numbers or anything...

Three Questions:

1. When you are a paying subscriber, can you access Rhapsody both with the SqueezeBox, as well as the PC client?

2. When you are in trial mode on the SqueezeBox, can you access the PC client during the trial period? And if so...how?

3. If you decide to go with the free "25-Play" Rhapsody service, can you access those 25 plays via the SqueezeBox?

mvalera
2008-10-20, 12:32
1. When you are a paying subscriber, can you access Rhapsody both with the SqueezeBox, as well as the PC client?

Yes.

2. When you are in trial mode on the SqueezeBox, can you access the PC client during the trial period? And if so...how?

No, because as you found you don't have a username and password when using the free on device trial.

3. If you decide to go with the free "25-Play" Rhapsody service, can you access those 25 plays via the SqueezeBox?

Sorry, I don't know.

Mike

aubuti
2008-10-20, 13:20
No. I remember when I was looking at the 30 day trial (quite a while ago) the Rhapsody site was very clear about this.

andyg
2008-10-20, 13:32
Rhapsody 25 support will be coming with 7.3 and the next release of SqueezeNetwork.

austinslim
2008-10-30, 12:04
That's a real bummer. I just opted into the trial about 2 minutes ago.

i really wish logitech made it much clearer that using the built in trial activation, you wouldn't be able to access rhapsody from ANYWHERE else. a waste of a trial for me.

there are many other rhapsody 30-day trials available, and the ones i looked at do let you create a username/password to use the service from multiple locations during the trial.

Yes.

No, because as you found you don't have a username and password when using the free on device trial.

Sorry, I don't know.

Mike