PDA

View Full Version : continuous play or repeat question

Blackfiction
2008-10-18, 09:00
Hi all,

I have a question about squeezecenter. Is it possible to just play a song from an album and continue with the next song? For example, I want to start playing the whole album from song 4 and onward. On a cd player, I just press 4 and the player will continu till all songs are played. With squeezecenter however, song 4 is repeated again and again....

Can someone help me plz how to do this on a SB Duet and a SB Boom?

alZmtbr
2008-10-18, 10:06
I don't think the option to repeat an album exists, but could be wrong. It's repeat current track, or the entire playlist.

Now, track 4 and continue to play from that point forward? I would think that one would need to add the entire album to the current playlist, then advance or start playing from the desired point -- the rest of the playlist would then play.

aubuti
2008-10-19, 08:09
Hi all,

I have a question about squeezecenter. Is it possible to just play a song from an album and continue with the next song? For example, I want to start playing the whole album from song 4 and onward. On a cd player, I just press 4 and the player will continu till all songs are played. With squeezecenter however, song 4 is repeated again and again....

Can someone help me plz how to do this on a SB Duet and a SB Boom?
If it is repeating, then you probably need to turn off the "Repeat" setting (Settings > Repeat on the Duet, and something similar to that on the SB Boom menu).

To get it to continue playing tracks 5, 6, ..., n then change the setting in the web ui under Settings > Player > Basic Settings > Play Other Songs on Album. Note that this is a player-specific setting, so you need to do it separately for each player.

lrossouw
2008-10-21, 04:56
To do what you want you need to browse to the album and then to the track and then press play. This will play that song and then the next song in the album etc.

For this to work you need to have the following settings:
- settings \ player \ basic settings \ play other songs in album
- shuffle off (with shuffle on it will play any song in the album after the first)
- repeat: not selecting repeat song.

Blackfiction
2008-10-21, 08:44
I changed the settings and now it works.
Thanks for helping me!