PDA

View Full Version : Is there a source for SB2 models?

Matto
2008-10-17, 19:42
I bought a Boom a few days ago and I've been so impressed with it, I want to get a Squeezebox for the living room to go in my entertainment center for use with my main setup.

My problem is the new Classic players are much taller and the screen wont be fully visible in the glassed in portion of my entertainment center. (I only have one spot left)

I believe I am looking for an older (series 2?) shorter player. I do want the Pandora support and wireless too, but if I am not mistaken those were features of a series 2 player.

Is there still a source for these or do I just have to watch Ebay for who knows how long?

JJZolx
2008-10-17, 20:17
I believe I am looking for an older (series 2?) shorter player. I do want the Pandora support and wireless too, but if I am not mistaken those were features of a series 2 player.

Yes, you're looking for a Squeezebox2. An SB2 is functionally identical to an SB3 (er, "Classic").

Is there still a source for these or do I just have to watch Ebay for who knows how long?

Buying used is the only way to get one now.

Another idea might be the Squeezebox Duet, in which the receiver is similar in form factor to the old SB1 and SB2. It just doesn't have a display. And is an extra $100.