PDA

View Full Version : What the Controller needs now is...

MeSue
2008-10-17, 10:34
With headphone support coming soon, it would be nice to have a clip or (preferable) lanyard attachment on the Controller. Even without headphone support, a lanyard attachment would be good for klutzy people.

autopilot
2008-10-17, 14:10
With headphone support coming soon, it would be nice to have a clip or (preferable) lanyard attachment on the Controller. Even without headphone support, a lanyard attachment would be good for klutzy people.

Or way to 'lock' the buttons...

bpa
2008-10-17, 14:18
Or way to 'lock' the buttons...

According to the Wiki

* Press and hold ADD and PLAY together to lock the keys. Press and hold again to unlock (when locked and the user presses a key, display in an overlay: “Press and hold both volume keys to unlock.” When keys are locked, the backlights should remain off at all times, except when the ADD and PLAY keys are pressed together.

* Holding ADD and > turns off the accelerometer (the thing that wakes the remote when you pick it up). Pressing any other button escapes this.

kdf
2008-10-17, 15:33
>
> MeSue;350729 Wrote:
>> With headphone support coming soon, it would be nice to have a clip or
>> (preferable) lanyard attachment on the Controller. Even without
>> headphone support, a lanyard attachment would be good for klutzy
>> people.
>
> Or way to 'lock' the buttons...

Press ADD and PLAY at the same time.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ControllerUI
-kdf

Brian Ritchie
2008-10-17, 19:03
According to the Wiki

* Holding ADD and > turns off the accelerometer (the thing that wakes the remote when you pick it up). Pressing any other button escapes this.

So which key is ">"? The only one that looks vaguely like ">" to me is PLAY, but that can't be right! Is it actually FWD? (Not that I'm that bothered about turning off the accelerometer; I can never remember ADD+PLAY when I need it :-) )

-- Brian