PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP Playlist can't be used as Alarm. Works as designed?

schiegl
2008-10-17, 08:21
Hi,

i configured my boom to use the current playlist as an alarm. Usually this works fine but if the current playlist is a MIP-Mix the alarm will fall back to the last known static playlist.
Is this a known behaviour? (there've been some threads about alarm and dynamic playists???) Should it work - but i have encountered a bug/misconfiguration?

system: 7.3(trunk)

Thanks!

kind regards,
Markus

mherger
2008-10-17, 08:29
> i configured my boom to use the current playlist as an alarm. Usually
> this works fine but if the current playlist is a MIP-Mix the alarm will
> fall back to the last known static playlist.

Are you shutting your computer down in between?

--

Michael

schiegl
2008-10-17, 09:00
> i configured my boom to use the current playlist as an alarm. Usually
> this works fine but if the current playlist is a MIP-Mix the alarm will
> fall back to the last known static playlist.

Are you shutting your computer down in between?

No, i don't. normal use case is listening to some MIP-Mix before falling asleep, next morning the alarm goes off with an old playlist. SC runs all the time.
Reading your response, i assume this should work. I'll run some more tests...

thanks,
Markus

MeSue
2008-10-17, 09:44
Do you have SC set to do a clear library and rescan overnight? Pretty sure that would wipe out your Now Playing.

schiegl
2008-10-17, 10:21
Do you have SC set to do a clear library and rescan overnight? Pretty sure that would wipe out your Now Playing.

No i haven't. SC itself (the webinterface) has no problems keeping the state of several players for very long. It's just my boom which regularly lost/switched the current playlist - but only if MIP-Mix + Alarm was involved.

But there must be more as i've just tried this (MIP-Mix + set alarm) with my transporter (no transcoding, Ethernet, alarm was only 5 min in the future): no problem!
So it's time to turn on some debug options :)

thanks,
Markus

schiegl
2008-11-04, 13:10
Woah! this one was hard to track down (and took very long) and i'd really like to see someone else to test this before i file a bug.

test case (don't use the webinterface, use the Player-UI - this is essential!)

load and play your newest album from "new music" to your SB3/Boom as active playlist (this is just an example, test case is valid for other albums, too)
verify the number of tracks with a cli-command "<mac-id> playlist tracks ?", result/example: 00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3A73%3A61 playlist tracks 13
create and play a new MIP-mix, e.g. navigate to album/track, press&hold play to show the appropirate menu, press right to create the mix, press play to play the mix
verify the number of tracks with a cli-command "<mac-id> playlist tracks ?", result/example with a mix containing 50 tracks: 00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3A73%3A61 playlist tracks 50
power off (pull the plug from) the Boom/SB3 or suppress the network-connection between player and SC
wait until the player is removed from SC, verify this by executing the known cli-command again, result/example: 00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3A73%3A61 playlist tracks %3F
power on the Boom/SB3 or reestablish the network connection
verify the number of tracks with a cli-command "<mac-id> playlist tracks ?", result/example: 00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3A73%3A61 playlist tracks 13 - This is wrong, as the playlist should still contain the previously created MIP-Mix, i.e. 50

I have tested this with a Boom and a SB3. Those cli-command are not needed actually, they visualize the status only.

my conclusion: MIP-Mixes created with the Player-UI and the Webinterface are being treated differently within SC concerning persistence.

btw. my personal use case is: before going to sleep i create a new MIP-Mix, but the next morning (the network connection between Boom and SC is down for a few minutes during the night) the alarm plugin didn't play the MIP-Mix created a few hours ago but an older "version" of the playlist...

thanks in advance!
Markus