PDA

View Full Version : Really, really want to try 7.3, but.....

Howard Passman
2008-10-16, 10:17
I would love to try the line out on the Controller, but everything is running so smoothly I wonder if I should risk going to 7.3. I use and like SuperDateTime and ScreenInfo and really like having them. I listen to my music files, Rhapsody and Pandora. Everything else I could live without for a while.

Anyone using the nightly loads have an opinion on how stable the current one is? If I load it and stick with it until an official release, do you think I will have any issues with the above mentioned stuff?

I know this is a tough, loaded question, but......

Thanks in advance,

Howard

MrC
2008-10-16, 11:42
I've been using 7.3 since shortly after the Boom was announced, and follow the CVS commit updates via email and decide when its time to update. Should something be amiss, it is trivial to revert to a given working (for me) revision.

I don't listen to Rhapsody and Pandora, but do use the excellent MusicInfo and the NPR plugins.

It is somewhat likely you will encounter some issue at some point - it's the nature of tracking non-final software. I had performed and SVN update, and the server failed to start. A simple reversion solved the problem and it was resolved shortly after.

The Controller music via speaker/headphone port is fun, and brings new plug-in possibilities to mind.

Howard Passman
2008-10-16, 14:28
I've been using 7.3 since shortly after the Boom was announced, and follow the CVS commit updates via email and decide when its time to update. Should something be amiss, it is trivial to revert to a given working (for me) revision.

I don't listen to Rhapsody and Pandora, but do use the excellent MusicInfo and the NPR plugins.

It is somewhat likely you will encounter some issue at some point - it's the nature of tracking non-final software. I had performed and SVN update, and the server failed to start. A simple reversion solved the problem and it was resolved shortly after.

The Controller music via speaker/headphone port is fun, and brings new plug-in possibilities to mind.

Gosh darn it you made me try it.... and it WORKED!!! Very, very cool :-)

MeSue
2008-10-16, 18:40
I'm very tempted, too, but I have too many plugins I'm worried about not working.

Howard Passman
2008-10-17, 01:53
I'm very tempted, too, but I have too many plugins I'm worried about not working.

I really only use 4 plug-ins and one is XM. The other three work fine after changing the max version to 7.3x. Right now you can't control the volume and you can't turn off the speaker on the SBC so it's not perfect. You might get some choppiness and song restarting too, so if you have any other reservations, hang on. I'm guessing they'll have 7.3 ready not too far out.

Have a great weekend

Howard