PDA

View Full Version : Best purchased in awhile

Matto
2008-10-16, 06:51
I picked up a Boom last night and I must say I am extremely happy with my purchase.

I bought it for my wife to use in the kitchen, but now I think a second one may be in our future for the bedroom. I am by no means an audiophile although I do like my music to sound "good". My living room setup is a pair of smallish Klipsch speakers and a Yamaha receiver.

Initially I had ruled out the boom because it was more than I was planning to spend. First I had tried to save some money and bought the Grace internet radio. I was pretty unimpressed with that though so I returned it and finally put up the money for the Boom.

I was blown away by the sound quality, the interface is very intuitive and the construction is top notch. The screen is very impressive too for a device of this size.

Squeezecenter loaded on my headless media center (my server) via remote desktop with no problem and setting up it as a service was painless.

Great product, these things will sell like crazy I'm sure.

SuperQ
2008-10-16, 09:02
The sound value for the money on the Boom is really really good. It's one of those things that's just hard to show on a website.

ModelCitizen
2008-10-16, 12:53
You forgot to praise the weight of the Boom.

IT'S HEAVY.

All quality hifi items are heavy.

MC

pfarrell
2008-10-16, 12:57
ModelCitizen wrote:
> IT'S HEAVY.
> All quality hifi items are heavy.

So much so that audiophile stuff has lead weights in the bottom.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

ModelCitizen
2008-10-16, 13:11
So much so that audiophile stuff has lead weights in the bottom.

especially made for for audiofools....

MC