X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nowork
    • Oct 2008

Unexpected Boom Alarm Behavior

Hi,

My daily alarm sound comes out my Boom speakers, even though it is connected via headphone out to other (external), powered speakers.

My configuration: Boom, squeezenetwork, headphone out (mini stereo jack) - disables internal speakers, and sound plays through external amplified speakers (always on).

If I manually turn Boom on/off, sound still goes through external amplified speakers. If I turn Boom off and a scheduled alarm turns Boom on, sound now comes from Boom internal speakers. If I then use IR remote to change the volume, "magically" the sound switches to external speakers.

I find this behavior, while not a major annoyance, somewhat unexpected.

Is there a way to explicitly specify where the alarm sound, sounds?
    Last edited by nowork; 2008-10-16, 14:25.
  • slimpy
    • Sep 2005

Not sure if what you're seeing is the intended behaviour, but IMO it totally makes sense.

Even if you forget to unplug your headphones from the Boom before going to bed the Boom will still be able to wake you up in the morning.

I dare say that your setup is a bit odd, as the normal scenario would not be to connect external speakers to a device that already comes with internal speakers of decent quality. Especially so if there are other devices in the same product line available that don't come with speakers ;-)

-s.

Comment

Working...