PDA

View Full Version : Repetitive Scan Failures

Chewie
2008-10-15, 23:28
Yesterday I moved my FLAC library to a new HP MediaSmart WHS EX475 2gb/4tb, this evening I decide to scan the library into a clean SqueezeCenter 7.2 and on five separate occasions now its failed.

On every occasion the scan reaches roughly the one hour mark and then it states, as can be seen from the last screen grab that it has “Finished Scanning” when it clearly has not.

The old library is scanned without any problems from my old desktop pc when stored on an external disk. I have also downloaded the latest 7.2.1 nightly and the problem still occurs.

Could anyone offer some advice please, what should be a joyful play with a new toy is rapidly turning sour?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to offer me some much needed advice.

mherger
2008-10-15, 23:36
> Could anyone offer some advice please, what should be a joyful play
> with a new toy is rapidly turning sour?

Looks as if your antivirus scanner was blocking access to *.my* files.
Tell it not to do so.

And next time you upload a log file please upload a pure text file. Thanks
:-)

Michael

Chewie
2008-10-16, 01:55
> Could anyone offer some advice please, what should be a joyful play
> with a new toy is rapidly turning sour?

Looks as if your antivirus scanner was blocking access to *.my* files.
Tell it not to do so.

And next time you upload a log file please upload a pure text file. Thanks
:-)

Michael

Thanks for the reply Michael, excuse my ignorance but what do you mean the antivirus scanner is blocking access to *.my* files.

Sorry about the word document, I did originally try uploading a text file but the upload failed because it was too large.

Chewie
2008-10-16, 05:26
It seems I'm not the only one :-( I'm also using the McAfee plugin, there must be a solution.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=50522&highlight=chinaski