PDA

View Full Version : Fastest path from ripping to playing

patrija
2008-10-14, 19:17
Hi. Several times I have bought a new CD that I want to then play on the transporter. My normal steps are to rip to FLAC via EAC, and then run a SlimServer scan for new songs. This takes too long when I really want to listen to the music quickly - is there a faster method to manually browse to a song not yet in the library? Thanks.

MeSue
2008-10-14, 19:27
If you navigate to it via the Music Folder menu instead of the library menu it will be added immediately into SqueezeCenter.

alZmtbr
2008-10-14, 19:28
I'm still on pre squeezecenter, but the concept must be there... Pick 'Music Folder' then find the new addition, then 'play'.

Has anyone tried this prior to the rip being complete? The rip process is X-times faster then playing real-time - so should be OK? For those real impatient types!

~A

MeSue
2008-10-14, 19:51
Has anyone tried this prior to the rip being complete? The rip process is X-times faster then playing real-time - so should be OK? For those real impatient types!

I think it reads in the folder as soon as you browse to it, so you'd probably need to wait until the rip is complete.

cooppw02
2008-10-14, 20:17
I have yet to try it, but the AutoRescan plugin might be a solution:

http://www.hickinbottom.com/autorescan