PDA

View Full Version : Exclude from Scrobbling



MeSue
2008-10-14, 16:21
Is there any way to have certain artists and/or genres excluded from Last.FM scrobbling? Or if I can't do it from the Squeeze side, is there any way to block things from influencing my profile on the Last.FM side?

ddewey
2008-10-14, 16:27
Quoting MeSue (MeSue.3hanfo1224026702 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> Is there any way to have certain artists and/or genres excluded from
> Last.FM scrobbling? Or if I can't do it from the Squeeze side, is there
> any way to block things from influencing my profile on the Last.FM side?

The SqueezeScrobbler plugin (not the 'official' one) allows this.

MeSue
2008-10-14, 16:54
Will I lose anything by switching to the unofficial plugin? Is there anywhere a summary of the differences and pro/cons of each? I am searching but a lot of the threads are old so it's hard to tell.

Suppose I use "Remove from Library" on the Last.FM site. Will it just add the artist back if I play it again?

ddewey
2008-10-14, 17:04
Quoting MeSue (MeSue.3haotn1224028501 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> Will I lose anything by switching to the unofficial plugin? Is there
> anywhere a summary of the differences and pro/cons of each? I am
> searching but a lot of the threads are old so it's hard to tell.
>
> Suppose I use "Remove from Library" on the Last.FM site. Will it just
> add the artist back if I play it again?

The unofficial plugin allows you to exclude genres. I use the genre
tags to indicate music I don't want scrobbed, and then set the
plugin to exclude those genres.

If you do that, then remove those artists from the last.fm
interface, they will no longer be submitted at all.

The library database on Last.FM and your Squeezecenter library are
completely separate and have no relationship, so other than
submitting or not submitting there is no way to manipulate your
last.fm library from SC.

For me, this works very well. It may not be perfect for you.

MeSue
2008-10-15, 18:13
okay, I installed SqueezeScrobbler and entered the Genres I don't want scrobbled on one line in a comma separated list. The tracks in this Genre are still being scrobbled. How do I enter multiple genres?

Edit: I also set the official plugin to not scrobble.

Edit #2: I read in another thread that I need to set a separator character. Doing that triggered a rescan, so I can't check it now.

Slim/Logi PTB: If you're reading, is there any chance this feature will make it into the official plugin? I really don't want my Pzizz sleep tracks and downloaded podcasts to be scrobbled.

Nonreality
2008-10-15, 23:46
Is there any way to have certain artists and/or genres excluded from Last.FM scrobbling? Or if I can't do it from the Squeeze side, is there any way to block things from influencing my profile on the Last.FM side?Easy...Just don't play them.

sand
2008-10-16, 01:06
It would be nice to be able to remove entries that have already been scrobbled from lastfm.. and also to export my data.

ddewey
2008-10-16, 10:37
Quoting sand (sand.3hd6en1224144601 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> It would be nice to be able to remove entries that have already been
> scrobbled from lastfm.. and also to export my data.

You can remove data from last.fm, through their interface. I've
done it.

ddewey
2008-10-16, 10:39
Quoting MeSue (MeSue.3hcn6z1224119702 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> okay, I installed SqueezeScrobbler and entered the Genres I don't want
> scrobbled on one line in a comma separated list. The tracks in this
> Genre are still being scrobbled. How do I enter multiple genres?

I have 2 genres separated by just a space, no other delimiter. That
seems to work.

MeSue
2008-10-16, 10:52
I have 2 genres separated by just a space, no other delimiter. That
seems to work.

But if your Genre includes a space (Audio Book), then what? Anyway, I solved it by adding a separator character in the SqueezeCenter settings. Seems to be working for excluding the genres, but I no longer have "LastFM Love this track" on the Controller song details page when playing local music.

ddewey
2008-10-16, 11:00
Quoting MeSue (MeSue.3hdxhn1224179701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> ddewey;350342 Wrote:
> >
> > I have 2 genres separated by just a space, no other delimiter. That
> > seems to work.
>
> But if your Genre includes a space (Audio Book), then what? Anyway, I
> solved it by adding a separator character in the SqueezeCenter
> settings. Seems to be working for excluding the genres, but I no longer
> have "LastFM Love this track" on the Controller song details page when
> playing local music.

Ugh. Those might be features of the builtin Squeezecenter plugin,
don't know. I dont have a Controller so I'm not affected by that.

Beat on the devs - nicely. I think it was Andy that said there was
no reason to exclude artists or genres in the stock plugin.

TurnipMan
2008-10-16, 12:27
I'd like something like this on the official plugin as for political reasons I have to put music that my wife and children like into my library to. James Blunt and The Feeling really don't figure in my taste but others in the household unfortunately favour that sort of thing.

The price you pay....

Tom

MeSue
2008-10-16, 16:31
I'd like something like this on the official plugin as for political reasons I have to put music that my wife and children like into my library to. James Blunt and The Feeling really don't figure in my taste but others in the household unfortunately favour that sort of thing.

The price you pay....

Tom

I opened a request for this. Add your votes...
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9741

Siduhe
2008-10-17, 02:13
I opened a request for this. Add your votes...
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9741

Just FYI - here is Andy's response last time this issue came up. Skipping genres is not officially supported by the Last.fm API, and the official Last.fm plugin only supports the official functions of the Last.fm API.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=238122&highlight=exclude+genre+scrobbling#post238119