PDA

View Full Version : Are the Forums very slow today ?

bpa
2008-10-13, 05:19
The forums via Web and wiki are very slow for me today but Slim SVN is OK.

Please confirm if the Forums are OK for you - if they are OK for you then I know to look for the problem locally.

mattybain
2008-10-13, 05:44

Please confirm if the Forums are OK for you - if they are OK for you then I know to look for the problem locally.

Going fine here.

mudlark
2008-10-13, 06:22
Ok here too.

funkstar
2008-10-13, 06:39
Seems as speedy as normal (i do like it that there are no ad servers to wait on while loading this forum compaired to all the others i contribute to).

iPhone
2008-10-13, 09:05

All good on the East Coast. Maybe reading and typing faster might help speed things up! Just kidding of course.

On another related subject, did anybody say what caused the outage yesterday? Have not come across anything in the Forum yet.

bpa
2008-10-13, 09:34
Something was wrong but not on my network as I tyested with different system and browsers.

Raw "wget forums.slimdevices.com" were timing out. Whatever the problem was - it has now cleared and the forums are back up to speed.

Themis
2008-10-13, 13:06
Yep, impossible to reach slimdevices site & forum from Europe some hours ago.

MrSinatra
2008-10-13, 13:14
fyi the website was down yesterday for a while.

bpa
2008-10-13, 13:48
I know about the web site going down but that include www.slimdevices.com.

Today the slow problems only affected the forums and wiki - the "www.slimdevices.com" and SVN code repository were OK. Many times the delay was minutes and often timeouts occurred making it look like site was down.