PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio out after update

BrockStone
2008-10-11, 13:37
Haven't used my Squeezebox for a few weeks.

Fired it up, tried to update, failed, updated again, worked.

Now I can only seem to connect to about 10% of the internet radio streams in Shoutcast, RadioIO, etc. These URLs are right and load when I enter them on my PC, but timeout or have bad data when done from the remote.

These aren't fly by night IR stations that change their URLs every day (and I checked the URLs are right), Club977 80s, Chronix Radio, etc....

Anyone else seeing this? It's very frustrating. I'm going to have to use my Ipod Touch in wifi mode to stream internet radio to my stereo tonight as my SBR is semi useless like this. The problem with the ipod connecting as a source is I can't get multiroom working nicely :(

Network is fully connected and strong signal. I've reduced my network down to it's most simple (removed WDS etc) in case that was it. No change.

This fails if connected to my PC as a source (Vista64) or SqueezeNetwork directly. Locally streamed music from my PC works still.

Stats:
Version 7.2 r2873

Receiver:
Firmware 47

Thanks for any advice.

Gregory Walters
2008-10-11, 15:08
Radioio just finished a maintenance sweep and we have just brought all the streams back up.

BrockStone
2008-10-11, 15:39
That wouldn't explain 90% of shoutcast streams failing though would it?

I'll check again in a few hours.

Thanks for the note.

toby10
2008-10-12, 03:12
That wouldn't explain 90% of shoutcast streams failing though would it?

I'll check again in a few hours.

Thanks for the note.

May have been a temporary issue with ShoutCast. I just tried 20 random streams from ShoutCast and all played fine.

I know there was another issue with ShoutCast yesterday having very slow response time from selecting a stream to actually playing (maybe 10 second delay) but this also seems fixed now.

SB3 & Boom