PDA

View Full Version : Controller has lost receiver

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 06:15
I have a Duet system that was working fine. While it was running, I used SqueezeCenter to change the music source from the computer to Squeeze Network, then I shut down the computer.

Now the home screen of the controller displays only "Settings" and "Music Source". The name of the receiver is not displayed. "Music Source" contains only the entry "Other Server."

The Duet is working fine from SqueezeCenter but the controller is useless. How can I get this working again? This happened once before, and whatever I did to fix it lost all settings on the controller. I don't want to do that again!

Thanks!

Mike

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 06:27
Thought I should add . . . The controller shows "connected" to my wireless network and has a good IP address.

mhilbush
2008-10-11, 07:10
When this happened to me, I had to power cycle the Receiver. Yes, power cycle the Receiver, even though it was playing fine from SC. Doesn't make any sense at all, but it worked for me! Hope this does it for you.

Mark

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 10:19
When this happened to me, I had to power cycle the Receiver. Yes, power cycle the Receiver, even though it was playing fine from SC. Doesn't make any sense at all, but it worked for me! Hope this does it for you.

Thanks, Mark. I've tried it twice without success.

fuel2000
2008-10-11, 10:23
I've had this happen a few times now, i had to to do a factory reset.

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 10:53
I've had this happen a few times now, i had to to do a factory reset.

Thanks -- I think that's what I did last time. It was a pain entering the wireless password again, & I lost all my favorite radio stations. I am hoping someone will come up with a better solution.

Mike

Henk51
2008-10-11, 12:34
How many times I switched off/on the Controller I don't know,
but every time it works well, for the time-being.

The menu's shows up, the wifi icon glows true white.
I refuse to do again and again invoke the factory-reset!

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 12:51
How many times I switched off/on the Controller I don't know, but every time it works well, for the time-being.

The menu's shows up, the wifi icon glows true white.
I refuse to do again and again invoke the factory-reset!

Henk -- Do you mean switch on/off the Controller or the Receiver?

Henk51
2008-10-11, 13:04
Henk -- Do you mean switch on/off the Controller or the Receiver?

Only the Controller; Long press, on the Home-button.

After this, turn on after a; Short press on the Home button.

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 13:14
Thanks, Henk. I tried it again, but it didn't solve the problem.

Henk51
2008-10-11, 13:49
Thanks, Henk. I tried it again, but it didn't solve the problem.

Did you have set up a account to Slimdevices before this situation?
If yes than you can try via your account and acces your Music systems.
Then you can disconnect the Receiver from SqueezeNetwork and bring them back!?

Then (maybe) try via the SC GUI to select the Duet as musicplayer back again,
because I have SC installed on NAS/Server.
Things can be different.

Log-in to the router and verify if the Controller has a IP-adress!
This is important.

Maybe you must invoke a Factory reset after al,but only if no other options work for you, on both the Controller and Receiver.

For now I don't have more options to tell or for any help.
Maybe you have more luck this time.

Goodsounds
2008-10-11, 14:31
Mike,

I can't help with your question, but I just wanted to observe that you appear to be a guy who loves his state and his own name - each appear 3 times in most of your posts. Way to go.

You should work for the tourist board or development agency in ...... I forgot, what state you in ?

Mike-NC
2008-10-11, 15:59
Did you have set up a account to Slimdevices before this situation? ...

Thanks again, Henk. Yes, both the receiver & the controller have IP addresses. I filed a bug report & will see if there is any response from Logitech.

Mike-NC
2008-10-12, 17:15
Finally I did a factory reset of the controller. It did not erase settings (except networking settings). It resolved the problem -- for now.

I have filed bug #9969 with Logitech. Those who have similar problems might want to vote for the bug at http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

Thanks again to all who offered help.