PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost Playlist Reference

whdean
2008-10-10, 20:15
I moved my Music folder from a folder on the C:\ drive to a folder on a new physical drive. I have MusicIP finding my music, but I am unable to play a previously made playlist or create a MM playlist - Nothing happens when I try.

I suspect that there is a relational file somewhere that points to my music folder when I try to play a playlist or make a MM playsit - I suspect that it is looking for the actual music files in the old location.

Any thought?

Thanks !

Nonreality
2008-10-10, 21:27
I moved my Music folder from a folder on the C:\ drive to a folder on a new physical drive. I have MusicIP finding my music, but I am unable to play a previously made playlist or create a MM playlist - Nothing happens when I try.

I suspect that there is a relational file somewhere that points to my music folder when I try to play a playlist or make a MM playsit - I suspect that it is looking for the actual music files in the old location.

Any thought?

Thanks !
That is exactly what it is doing. A playlist is really just a txt file that gives the locations and titles of the songs to point the way.

whdean
2008-10-11, 10:01
Thanks -

New playlists work fine. However, if I change the path in existing playlists the list does not work.

Also, I can create MusicIP lists in MusicIp, and the little "m" is there, both on the SB and in SC. However, it does not work.

Any thoughts on getting MusicIP to create a playlist?

Thanks.