PDA

View Full Version : Love my new Boom - 2 thoughts

mike_c
2008-10-10, 17:16
Hi,

Classic owner for a few years. I am amazed at the Boom, great sound, excellent look and feel. I have two thoughts though.

1) If it looks like a radio...

Why do I have to navigate to a stream and press play to start my listening? My last stream is already shown in Now Playing, why cant the Boom just play it? when I turn on my radio, it plays the last station I was listening to.

2) The snooze button on the boom should behave the same as the snooze on the remote, as either snooze or sleep. I'd like to be able to tap the boom and know it will power off in 15 minutes or whatever.

Great job everyone, got this one as an anniversary present for my wife and and she is very pleased. You know how scary that can be with a tech product!

OhPinchy
2008-10-10, 17:27
Great job everyone, got this one as an anniversary present for my wife and and she is very pleased.

That's almost as good as the Simpsons episode where Homer buys Marge a bowling ball for her birthday...and it has 'Homer' engraved on it! But fair play in pulling it off :)

I'm waiting for my Boom to arrive. I love my Duet in the kitchen and am really looking forward to having the Boom in the bedroom.

funkstar
2008-10-10, 17:27
Why do I have to navigate to a stream and press play to start my listening? My last stream is already shown in Now Playing, why cant the Boom just play it? when I turn on my radio, it plays the last station I was listening to.
If it's already in Now Playing, then just hit play. In fact even when the Boom (of Classic) is in its "off" state, pressing play will turn it on and start streaming straight away.

MeSue
2008-10-10, 18:17
2) The snooze button on the boom should behave the same as the snooze on the remote, as either snooze or sleep. I'd like to be able to tap the boom and know it will power off in 15 minutes or whatever.

It does do this, but it requires you to hold the button for a second or so. Otherwise, it would be too easy to accidentally invoke the sleep timer when you are fumbling in the dark.

I think it's a fine anniversary gift!

mike_c
2008-10-10, 18:24
Thanks MeSue and Funk,

I had a feeling that I was missing something on each item.

Thanks MeSue, she thinks so too!

peterw
2008-10-10, 18:57

Open the web interface, go to the settings for the player, and look at the Power On Resume options, which include "Pause at power off/Resume at power on". Not behavior I'd want, but it sounds like just the ticket for you. :-)

-Peter