PDA

View Full Version : PC goes into stand by while song is playing

cjv
2008-10-08, 18:00
Hello everyone. I'm having a little problem with my PC that I'm using to run Squeezecenter. I had it all set up to wake whenever my Squeezebox V3 would turn on and and adjusted the power options in XP to go into stand by after ten minutes of inactivity. This has worked for months, but now, for whatever reason, whenever I'm running Squeezecenter it will automaticly turn off after ten minutes, regardless if a song is playing or not. It used to remain on until I shut the Squeezebox off. I'm a little confused as to why it would be doing this. Wouldn't the computer stay on while the hard drives are being accessed to play the song? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone that has a similar set up was experiencing any problems or if there is a better way to remotely turn my computer off when I shut off my Squeezebox. Thanks in advance.

Secret Squirrel
2008-10-09, 05:23
Hello everyone. I'm having a little problem with my PC that I'm using to run Squeezecenter. I had it all set up to wake whenever my Squeezebox V3 would turn on and and adjusted the power options in XP to go into stand by after ten minutes of inactivity. This has worked for months, but now, for whatever reason, whenever I'm running Squeezecenter it will automaticly turn off after ten minutes, regardless if a song is playing or not. It used to remain on until I shut the Squeezebox off. I'm a little confused as to why it would be doing this. Wouldn't the computer stay on while the hard drives are being accessed to play the song? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone that has a similar set up was experiencing any problems or if there is a better way to remotely turn my computer off when I shut off my Squeezebox. Thanks in advance.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't look at my SC at the moent. However, I believe there is a setting in the Server Settings area that keeps the computer "awake" while playing. Sorry to not be very specific but take a gander there.

HTH,

SS

cjv
2008-10-11, 10:59
Hello again. Thanks for the suggestion. I went through all of the settings in Squeezecenter and didn't find anything that looked like it would keep the computer awake. Do you know where this setting is located?

Thanks

Secret Squirrel
2008-10-11, 13:01
Okay, I looked too and had the same results as you. I guess I was remembering incorrectly and had hoped that someone else would have baled me out, but no luck with that yet. However, today I was poking around and found a plug-in that looks promising. Check out this link http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48521.

Hopefully, that will be what you need!

Sorry to have supplied misinformation!

SS

danco
2008-10-11, 13:45
I use a Mac, so my solution below won't be immediately relevant, but it might suggest a way that you can go.

I have a program called Jiggler that simulates mouse movement after a user definable period of time. So the computer won't sleep if Jiggler is running.

And I use the Execute Script plugin to run Jiggler when an item starts playing and also to quit Jiggler when the SB stops either manually or automatically..