PDA

View Full Version : squeezebox goes black during play

leeper
2008-10-08, 16:23
Please forgive me if this has already been asked but both my friend and I have had our squeezeboxes (all black) drop to off while playing a song or playlist. While the unit is black the song continues. When the song ends (I think) the sb attempts to reconnect, restarts and begins the song at the beginning. It happens intermittently. His SB is wirlessly attached to a PC and mine to a mac. I have mine set to static IP address. Both sc's are current etc. Any ideas?

Siduhe
2008-10-09, 03:02
Sounds a lot like wireless interference. There's a lot of info about how to improve network performance in the wiki, but the main suggestion is normally to download NetStumbler (or similar) and try to work out the best channel for your router to be set on, so as to be as far away as possible for all other wireless networks.

Other things to think about are whether you can reposition the router or the SB to get better consistent signal (normally raising the router up helps a lot).

Finally, cordless phones (old) and microwaves can often interfere with wireless - could either of these be responsible.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/NetworkProblemsSecondGuide

leeper
2008-10-09, 16:34
Sounds a lot like wireless interference. There's a lot of info about how to improve network performance in the wiki, [/url]

Thanks for the response, I will take a look.

HUEY
2008-10-10, 05:31
I don't think it is wireless interference. Mine has done this to me three times. As well as the screen going blank, the sound on the analog outputs is cut to almost nothing, although the digital works as normal. I can still control the unit using the duet controller. If it was wireless interference, I wouldn't be able to change songs using the controller.
Rob