PDA

View Full Version : Now Playing Display - Confused

newy
2008-10-08, 06:19
I'll try to keep this short. Running XP w/SP3, SC7.2 and latest Controller update. When I turn on my Transporter and select a song using The Controller the Transporter's display stays on "Albums". I want it to display the song info. Here are my setting:

Title format: TRACKNUM, TITLE (ARTIST)
Now Playing Info: Progress Bar and Elapsed Time
Visualizer: Analog VU
Screensaver when playing: Now Playing
Screensaver when stopped: None
Screensaver when off: Date and Time
Screensaver delay time in seconds: 0

I have to hit the "NOW PLAYING" button on the Transporter's remote to get the track info display that I want. What settings should I change?

Thanks!!!

mherger
2008-10-08, 06:42
> I have to hit the "NOW PLAYING" button on the Transporter's remote to
> get the track info display that I want. What settings should I
> change?

Maybe you just have not been patient enough: by default it will take 30
seconds until the screensaver kicks in. You can reduce this number to see
the information quicker.

Michael

Skunk
2008-10-08, 07:10
Screensaver delay time in seconds: 0

I have to hit the "NOW PLAYING" button on the Transporter's remote to get the track info display that I want. What settings should I change?

Thanks!!!

Zero means it won't come on, not that it will come on immediately. Try 1 or 2 seconds delay.

newy
2008-10-08, 08:14
Thanks. The 1 or 2 second delay thing worked. Cheers.

JJZolx
2008-10-08, 10:21
Thanks. The 1 or 2 second delay thing worked. Cheers.

Just curious... Do you find that usable? I've played with various screensaver timeout values, and find that while 30 seconds is far too long, setting it too short makes navigation in the remote interface a frustrating affair. I usually opt for 10 seconds to keep the screensaver from kicking in while I'm browsing.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Now Playing info as soon as I hit 'Play'. I wonder if an option along the lines of 'Immediately enter now playing screensaver on Play' would make sense and wouldn't require users to set the timeout so low.

newy
2008-10-08, 13:49
Yes, that would be a useful feature for sure. I think I'm gonna settle on somewhere around the 10 second mark too.