PDA

View Full Version : Can the Duet Receiver be a wireless bridge?

MeSue
2008-10-07, 19:30
I know it can bridge to the Duet Controller, but can the SBR act as a wireless bridge for another device, like you could with the SB Classic? I couldn't find it in the manual so I am guessing not...

mattybain
2008-10-07, 23:19
I know it can bridge to the Duet Controller, but can the SBR act as a wireless bridge for another device, like you could with the SB Classic? I couldn't find it in the manual so I am guessing not...

Yes it can but you have to go through some horrendous configuration using Robin Bowes tool http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43722&highlight=sbr+configuration+tool

Quite why Logitech haven't streamlined this into the conventional setup is beyond me.

MeSue
2008-10-08, 07:23
Yikes, that looks a little beyond me. Too bad. I was hoping to use it as a bridge for a TiVo in the same room. I used to use my SB2 (in the next room) as a bridge for this TiVo, but I have replaced that with a Boom. I could use the Boom, but I move it around, so I'd always be having to unhook the cable.

ik632
2009-07-25, 13:50
Any updates on this? Does the newer firmware support this? I need to connect my SB receiver to my Dish DVR (using SB receiver as bridge) and that utility looks nice, but it doesn't work for me since the receiver is not connected to my desktop. My SB3 has the options within the menus to change settings for bridging.