PDA

View Full Version : Display of the Boom

hpotez
2008-10-07, 15:32
Why Slimdevices choose an old VFD display for the Boom??? They did an "almost" good job for the SBC (the screen is not usable outside by a sunny day....).
It would be nice to have a nice color LCD Display to enjoy the cover, etc... I'm sure it will come, so I will wait...
Cheers,
Hervé

funkstar
2008-10-07, 15:48
I doubt a colour LCD would have been better out in the sunlight.

Anyway, a VFD is far, faaar better than a cheap tacky LCD you find in most products.

Howard Passman
2008-10-08, 02:24
Why Slimdevices choose an old VFD display for the Boom??? They did an "almost" good job for the SBC (the screen is not usable outside by a sunny day....).
It would be nice to have a nice color LCD Display to enjoy the cover, etc... I'm sure it will come, so I will wait...
Cheers,
Hervé

While the LCD display of the SBC is cool, it is absolutely useless outdoors. The VFD is almost useless even at its brightest setting. I don't think the outdoor display thing will be licked any time soon, but VFD could be used if a shade could be installed around it or if it could be sunken in to the unit a bit.

If you're going to wait until something comes out that works, you're gonna miss a whole lot of listening :-)

Howard