PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Works on Duet and Booms...but not Softsqueeze

MikeekiM
2008-10-07, 15:08
I have not subscribed to Pandora (and maybe I should and will)...

At this point I am just trying to troubleshoot and understand what is going on... So I have had my SqueezeBox products now for about 30 days (I am guessing, since it appears that my Pandora subscription/trial has probably ended)... Pandora continues to work fine on my Booms and on my Duet... But no longer works on my SoftSqueeze client...

I would have expected that if my trial expired, that it would shut down on all my devices...but it appears that SoftSqueeze is the only client locked out...

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Thanks...

egg
2008-10-07, 15:21
I have not subscribed to Pandora (and maybe I should and will)...

At this point I am just trying to troubleshoot and understand what is going on... So I have had my SqueezeBox products now for about 30 days (I am guessing, since it appears that my Pandora subscription/trial has probably ended)... Pandora continues to work fine on my Booms and on my Duet... But no longer works on my SoftSqueeze client...

I would have expected that if my trial expired, that it would shut down on all my devices...but it appears that SoftSqueeze is the only client locked out...

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Thanks...

Same here.. Tried it yesterday.. I think they changed something on their side.. Hope they are just working on it. BTw.. I think its free now.

mvalera
2008-10-07, 16:42
I believe that Pandora prefers that users on their PC's use the Pandora web client.

They requested we turn SoftSqueeze support off.

Mike

MikeekiM
2008-10-07, 16:58
I believe that Pandora prefers that users on their PC's use the Pandora web client.

They requested we turn SoftSqueeze support off.

Mike

Ah.... Okay... Thanks Mike...

That's unfortunate, as I loved synchronizing my PC with the other SqueezeBoxes in the house... Oh well...

andyg
2008-10-07, 17:03
Softsqueeze is still supported if you are a Pandora subscriber. We just had to block free users.

MikeekiM
2008-10-07, 17:11
Softsqueeze is still supported if you are a Pandora subscriber. We just had to block free users.

Thanks...that makes sense...

If you aren't paying, I can see the logic that you should be forced to look at the ads that are funding the service you are consuming...