PDA

View Full Version : Is it o.k. to post SB's for sale here?

Howard Passman
2008-10-06, 09:40
??

Howard

mvalera
2008-10-06, 10:00
No, please use eBay.

Thanks,

Mike

Howard Passman
2008-10-06, 10:40
Will do.

Howard

iPhone
2008-10-06, 13:10
No, please use eBay.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, might not be a bad idea to post "No For Sale Posts" as part of the Forum rules where folks sign up.

Hey Howard, BTW good question that you asked.

autopilot
2008-10-06, 13:41
No. but at least everyone knows you have one for sale now ;p

You could also post a thread asking if it's ok you post your ebay URL - dont forget to include the actual URL, just in case they are not sure exactly what you mean :D

mvalera
2008-10-06, 13:44
Done:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Slim Devices : Community : Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Slim Devices : Community : Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

No posts for the selling of personal property will be allowed. All such posts will be closed or deleted at the discretion of the administrators and moderators of Slim Devices : Community : Forums.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Slim Devices : Community : Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

ModelCitizen
2008-10-06, 14:00
Registration to this forum is free!
That's good.

I'm interested to know why Slimdevices/Logitech don't want people selling off their gear through the forum though.

MC

mvalera
2008-10-06, 14:03
Because this isn't a marketplace.

That's why [insert your god or favorite scientist here] invented eBay.

Mike

4mula1
2008-10-06, 15:39
My Squeezeboxes are not for sale. So there. ;)

I don't even know where to find the forum rules, much less remember exactly what I agreed to when I was in a hurry to get some community help. Perhaps a link or sticky that is easy to find?

iPhone
2008-10-06, 17:56
That's good.

I'm interested to know why Slimdevices/Logitech don't want people selling off their gear through the forum though.

MC

I think Mike is right in that this IS a Forum not a used gear site like EBAY, Audiogon, Craig's List, and all the others.

And maybe more to the point, say it was limited to just Slim Devices gear. People would start complaining why not other audio gear also. Or they might ask why their ad was deleted when they have an SB3 for sale with speakers, a computer, an Amp, tuner, Panasonic direct drive turntable and so on. "But I'm selling an SB3!"

Just best to keep that can of worms sealed.

Also Slim Devices has its own web sales site, why would they want to provide a place for others to compete directly with them while they are paying for this Forum? I think it is reasonable not to ask them to and reasonable for them not to allow it.

Nonreality
2008-10-07, 01:09
Why not be able to offer them to the members here first? I would like that myself if I was in the market. Even if I wasn't it might be something I would tell my friends about. I've seen other things offered here and it hasn't been abusive. I would think this would be the place to first offer it. Unless of course logitech has made it so. This is a forum and a forum shares things like the product that they are about. It would be nice for forum members to get first chance at some items. Can people even let us know if they have it on ebay? I think it's a bad rule myself. It might cost you a couple of sales here and there but it would be more of a nice convenience to the members.

Khuli
2008-10-07, 01:52
No, please use eBay.
Looks like they could use the business too....

Howard Passman
2008-10-07, 02:16
Just wanted to say there were some funny responses that made me chuckle. I respect Logitechs wishes and that's why I asked in the first place. I should have asked Michael to pull the thread, but I kind of thought he would anyway. Posting it in the rules or FAQ's is the right thing to do.

I read some photography forums and a few of those have sections for selling gear. Fred Mirandas sight is a very good sight (maybe the best) and he has a section for folks to sell gear. I think it's a nice touch, but understand it can be a pain. I guess you just need to create the right disclaimer.

I hope no one took my question to mean I was selling all of my SB's. I just have an extra unit. I'm sure if anyone is interested, they already know how to find it. I buy and sell stuff all the time. It's how I stay current in photography. With the way Nikon fibs to it's customers, you never know what they're up to or when you might have to sell half of your lenses because they finally came out with a full frame digital camera(oh no, we're sticking with the smaller sensor). Dorks! Logitech would never do that. By God, they aren't saying when they'll make an extra cradle available and that's that :-) Sorry Michael. I know you said it's coming soon, but "soon" is a word all parents like to use to replace "when I'm good and ready".

Have the bestest day

Howard

Nonreality
2008-10-07, 02:25
Just wanted to say there were some funny responses that made me chuckle. I respect Logitechs wishes and that's why I asked in the first place. I should have asked Michael to pull the thread, but I kind of thought he would anyway. Posting it in the rules or FAQ's is the right thing to do.

I read some photography forums and a few of those have sections for selling gear. Fred Mirandas sight is a very good sight (maybe the best) and he has a section for folks to sell gear. I think it's a nice touch, but understand it can be a pain. I guess you just need to create the right disclaimer.

I hope no one took my question to mean I was selling all of my SB's. I just have an extra unit. I'm sure if anyone is interested, they already know how to find it. I buy and sell stuff all the time. It's how I stay current in photography. With the way Nikon fibs to it's customers, you never know what they're up to or when you might have to sell half of your lenses because they finally came out with a full frame digital camera(oh no, we're sticking with the smaller sensor). Dorks! Logitech would never do that. By God, they aren't saying when they'll make an extra cradle available and that's that :-) Sorry Michael. I know you said it's coming soon, but "soon" is a word all parents like to use to replace "when I'm good and ready".

Have the bestest day

HowardHoward, you just go ahead and let me know when you sell a transporter at half price. Private message ok. I may be able to afford it then, but give me a chance. :)

Howard Passman
2008-10-07, 05:27
Howard, you just go ahead and let me know when you sell a transporter at half price. Private message ok. I may be able to afford it then, but give me a chance. :)

I wanted to trade my Transporter for a SB3 a few weeks ago. Oh, did I say SBR then? I meant Transporter. Don't you wish :-)

I would love to hear one sometime, but it might not be a good idea if I hear one now. What if I like it? The economy is such a mess I'm thinking hard about spending more than enough for a good hamburger.

Howard

iPhone
2008-10-07, 09:45
Why not be able to offer them to the members here first? I would like that myself if I was in the market. Even if I wasn't it might be something I would tell my friends about. I've seen other things offered here and it hasn't been abusive. I would think this would be the place to first offer it. Unless of course logitech has made it so. This is a forum and a forum shares things like the product that they are about. It would be nice for forum members to get first chance at some items. Can people even let us know if they have it on ebay? I think it's a bad rule myself. It might cost you a couple of sales here and there but it would be more of a nice convenience to the members.

Seems pretty simple to me. Logitech pays for the bandwidth and the servers this free Forum is on and using. Why would they want a Forum with a sales or used gear section? Why would they want to be paying to provide such a place to sell gear when they are in the business of selling Logitech NMPs?

Its their Forum and they are the ones that make the rules. This is about the most open Forum I have ever been on. On the iPhone forum if you say something bad about Apple, they delete your post!

There are lots of places to buy and sell used Slim units. If one is looking for a deal, I suggest using EBAY by saving a daily search to look for the model that one wants. The search can be sent daily to your E-mail or phone everyday. Or checking Audiogon daily. If one is selling, posting on the same sites seems to make sense.

Makes sense to me, but since I am not selling or going to be selling any of my Squeezeboxes anytime soon maybe I just don't get it. But then again, when and if I sell a used Squeezebox, it will be on Audiogon or EBAY depending on the condition it is in.