PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Wired (Ethernet port)

speekeazy
2008-10-04, 12:26
I just purchased a Squeezebox Duet and I am loving the supportive community you guys have built. I have a question concerning the ethernet port on the back. I have it plugged in through the ethernet port and I connected the remote to the wireless network (so i thought) my question is how do i know if the squeezebox is using the ethernet port or if it is using the wireless connection . Thanks

toby10
2008-10-04, 12:44
I just purchased a Squeezebox Duet and I am loving the supportive community you guys have built. I have a question concerning the ethernet port on the back. I have it plugged in through the ethernet port and I connected the remote to the wireless network (so i thought) my question is how do i know if the squeezebox is using the ethernet port or if it is using the wireless connection . Thanks

I know on the SB3 when ethernet is used it automatically turns off it's WiFi card.
I'd guess this is true with the Duet, but I'm not 100% sure.

I suppose you could test this by temporarily turning off your routers WiFi and see if it continues to stream music. Obviously your controller will lose it's network connection doing this.

EDIT: Or just use MeSue's suggestion which seems MUCH simpler. :)

MeSue
2008-10-04, 13:28
Settings > Advanced > Player information should show you wireless signal strength if it is using wireless.

iPhone
2008-10-04, 13:30

Download the Duet manual at: http://www.slimdevices.com/documentation/WEB_Duet_User_Guide_EN.pdf

You will need the Hybrid Network Configuration. In this configuration, your Squeezebox Controller will be connected to your 802.11 wireless network and your Squeezebox Receiver will be connected to your network with an ethernet cable. Starting on page 13 under Hybrid Network Configuration are the directions for using a Wired Receiver and your WiFi network for the Controller. In step 10 of setting up the Receiver, from the Controller you will select Ethernet. This is how the SBR becomes wired and doesn't use WiFi.

By following all the steps in this Duet setup, the Duet Receiver (SBR) is connected by Ethernet and the Duet Controller (SBC) is connected to your home WiFi network.

Enjoy Music!

speekeazy
2008-10-04, 14:44
Thank you for your help that did the trick