PDA

View Full Version : Last.fm radio item under Internet Radio category, not Music Services?

ModelCitizen
2008-10-04, 09:10
Last.fm radio is the only item under my Radio Services menu and I'd much prefer that it appeared under my Internet Radio category instead. I've edited its install.xml file such that line that used to read:

<playerMenu>MUSIC_SERVICES</playerMenu>
now reads
<playerMenu>RADIO</playerMenu>

...deleted plugin-data.yaml and restarted SlimCenter.

However, Last.fm still exists as an entry under my Music Services menu.

Has anyone any idea if it is possible to do what I want... and if so, how?

Thanks.

MC

ModelCitizen
2008-10-04, 10:39
OK. I was slightly wrong.
What I did has achieved the desired result for the players ui, but not for the web ui or the Controller (sbc) ui. I don't care about the web ui, but unfortunately I do care about the controller ui.... and it appears that the inbuilt menu editing facility is not up to doing What I want.

Oh well. On the controller I end up with a top level menu item called Internet Radio into which I cannot put the Last.fm radio item, so it has to appear as a top level menu item too... which sort of looks a bit stupid.

MC

andyg
2008-10-04, 11:18
You'd need to edit the music_services menu definition in Slim::Plugin::LastFM::Plugin. Perhaps this should be read from the install.xml file but it's not currently.

ModelCitizen
2008-10-05, 01:54
You'd need to edit the music_services menu definition in Slim::Plugin::LastFM::Plugin. Perhaps this should be read from the install.xml file but it's not currently.
Hmmm, thanks.. but I don't think that will work for me on Windows without Active Perl installed.

It has struck me that Last.fm radio might be placed under the Internet Radio menu by default, for two reasons:

1) Those people who can't get any other services because they are not available in their country can end up with only one item under Music Services, which makes the "Music Services" menu item superfluous. Removing the Music Services item from the menu and moving Last.fm radio to the top level menu means you can end up with an item called Internet Radio (containing such things as Shoutcast, BBC Radio, Staff Pick etc) and a separate item called Last.fm radio.
2) It actually called Last.fm "radio" :-)

If this bug was addressed:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9358
then it'd sort out the problem.

MC

toby10
2008-10-05, 04:25
Hmmm, thanks.. but I don't think that will work for me on Windows without Active Perl installed.

It has struck me that Last.fm radio might be placed under the Internet Radio menu by default, for two reasons:

1) Those people who can't get any other services because they are not available in their country can end up with only one item under Music Services, which makes the "Music Services" menu item superfluous. Removing the Music Services item from the menu and moving Last.fm radio to the top level menu means you can end up with an item called Internet Radio (containing such things as Shoutcast, BBC Radio, Staff Pick etc) and a separate item called Last.fm radio.
2) It actually called Last.fm "radio" :-)

If this bug was addressed:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9358
then it'd sort out the problem.

MC

I agree with you regarding radio menu structure. But I also see where people would want it the way it is.

I create stations in Slacker and Pandora then move those stations to my appropriate Favorites sub folder for easier access. This way my folder "Smooth Jazz" will also contain Slacker & Pandora stations of the same genre.

This isn't quite what you are requesting, but the same idea of organizing radio stations together. :)

ModelCitizen
2008-10-05, 04:48
I agree with you regarding radio menu structure. But I also see where people would want it the way it is.
Yes, so can I... but if you look at the bug I've raised it requests that menus can be changed by drag and drop in the web interface, and this includes making your own bespoke items/folder.... which should keep everyone happy (apart from the developer perhaps). :-)

I create stations in Slacker and Pandora then move those stations to my appropriate Favorites sub folder for easier access. This way my folder "Smooth Jazz" will also contain Slacker & Pandora stations of the same genre.

I do exactly the same but I also want to be able to access all the Last.fm and Shoutcast stuff... which leaves me with an oddly arranged top level menu or an extraneous menu item.

MC

toby10
2008-10-05, 04:57
Yes, so can I... but if you look at the bug I've raised it requests that menus can be changed by drag and drop in the web interface, ansd this includes making your own bespoke items/folder.... which should keep everyone happy (apart from the developer perhaps). :-)

I do exactly the same but I also wan to be able to access all the Last.fm and Shoutcast stuff... which leaves me with an oddly arranged top level menu or an extraneous menu item.

MC

Yup..........Yup............ :)