PDA

View Full Version : Harmony One and SqeezeBox Classic

Dolby
2008-10-04, 03:40
Hi,

Tried searching on this forum but didn't come up with an answer.

I'm trying to control my SqueezeBox Classic with my Harmony One remote - but the thing is I'm not sure what device to choose. Is it a Digital Media Server?

If so, what do I enter : SqeezeBox Classic? SB 3? SqueezeBox 3? SB Classic? On this - are the SB3/Classic the same thing?

The reason I'm asking is because I've tried entering SqueezeBox Classic and all my hard buttons work - but only 2 buttons appear on the LCD screen. No search, no browse, no favourites, no discrete power codes ...

From what I read, the database should have all of these without me needing to program manually?

Thanks in advance!

fcm4711
2008-10-04, 04:32
Hi Dolby

Try the following:

Device: Music Player - Digital Music Server
Manufacturer: Logitech
Model: Squeezebox

BTW: Squeezebox Classic, Transporter and Boom all use the same remote codes.

Felix

Dolby
2008-10-04, 11:35
Thanks ...

That helped a little more ;)

I've now got more soft buttons (favourites, browse, brightness etc) but still no discreet power codes or short cuts as mentioned here :

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html

* Supports discrete on/off and other "shortcut" codes

Any other ideas to get these codes?

Thanks in advance!

Siduhe
2008-10-04, 13:35
Do you mean discrete power codes to turn the SB on and off? If so, it is definitely there entitled "Power On/Off" but it's quite a few pages into the available buttons - keep scrolling right. I've promoted it to the top six buttons you see when you turn it into a Squeezebox control.

What other shortcut codes do you want to use?

Dolby
2008-10-04, 13:50
I actually entered the model as 'squeezebox 3' and got the codes I wanted.

It actually was the discrete on/off - but I see the other shortcuts were things like 1 button 'search artist' 'search album' etc

Everything good now though ... thanks!

Themis
2008-10-04, 14:14
I see the other shortcuts were things like 1 button 'search artist' 'search album' etcThat's why I love my Harmony, too. :)

Nonreality
2008-10-04, 21:43
I actually entered the model as 'squeezebox 3' and got the codes I wanted.

It actually was the discrete on/off - but I see the other shortcuts were things like 1 button 'search artist' 'search album' etc

Everything good now though ... thanks!Also if you add the lazy search function, which you should, it will work with your harmony. It replaces the normal search. If you haven't done this please give it try, it's one of the best plugins.

Dolby
2008-10-05, 03:31
Awesome plugin!

Thanks!

Nonreality
2008-10-05, 15:24
Awesome plugin!

Thanks!
You're welcome,enjoy.
Let the author know too. :)