PDA

View Full Version : slow response from buttons

rksingla
2008-10-01, 21:21
Has anyone noticed a very slow response to buttons, e.g., presets, volume, pause, play, on the boom? Oddly, the response to the remote for the same functions is pretty good, but the buttons often have a 3-5 second lag till anything happens. It is bad enough to discourage from wife from using it at all...

Any ideas what might be causing that? I am running SC 7.2 off a ReadyNAS Duo, but i don't think it is the Duo because, as i mentioned, it responds fine to the remote.

sckramer
2008-10-02, 07:40
this happend to me once, my server running squeezecenter was messed up & running slow, after a reboot it freed up the boom & it worked normally

lanierb
2008-10-04, 07:56
Has anyone noticed a very slow response to buttons, e.g., presets, volume, pause, play, on the boom? Oddly, the response to the remote for the same functions is pretty good, but the buttons often have a 3-5 second lag till anything happens. It is bad enough to discourage from wife from using it at all...

Any ideas what might be causing that? I am running SC 7.2 off a ReadyNAS Duo, but i don't think it is the Duo because, as i mentioned, it responds fine to the remote.

One possibility is a wireless problem. This can happen if you have wifi interference or a weak signal.

Dassqueezer
2009-01-13, 01:19

Actually, that's pretty good. Mine is getting a 10 to 40 second delay to any key presses. I can't even change the volume. The signal is 92% and I am connected to SN.

marrahm
2009-01-14, 08:31
I have the same problem. It seems to be worse with SC (which I have running on an NAS) than SN, which may support the slow server hypothesis. But its certainly slower with firmware 41 than it was with prior firmware.
mike

pincopallo_it
2009-01-16, 00:30
It happens to me too connected to SN
sometimes I get bored and I change channel using browser !
My wireless signal strength is 50

Paul_B
2009-01-16, 15:09
Happens to me sometimes. It is usually down to a problem on the wireless network, internet connection, or a Boom lockup.