PDA

View Full Version : Alarm enhancement message/screensaver thingy

ModelCitizen
2008-10-01, 09:52
I'd like to be able to program a message for my alarm so a message scrolls across the screen when the alarm goes off. Immediately I fancy "Wake up you lazy b*****".

Is it possible for a plugin to do this sort of thing... or is it an alarm rewrite or maybe an alarm enhancement?

It'd be nice to be able to program a wake up message for each alarm individually so at the weekends when the missus wakes up to the alarm I could use something like "Fancy some rumpy pumpy?"

But as I'm usually out fishing by then perhaps not.....

MC

max.spicer
2008-10-02, 09:45
I'd like to be able to program a message for my alarm so a message scrolls across the screen when the alarm goes off. Immediately I fancy "Wake up you lazy b*****".

Is it possible for a plugin to do this sort of thing... or is it an alarm rewrite or maybe an alarm enhancement?

It'd be nice to be able to program a wake up message for each alarm individually so at the weekends when the missus wakes up to the alarm I could use something like "Fancy some rumpy pumpy?"

But as I'm usually out fishing by then perhaps not.....

MC

The alarms api does allow a comment to be stored with an alarm. I had in mind the ability to display this when I added it. However, nothing uses this as yet. It would be easy to display the message briefly when the alarm sounded but that wouldn't be much use for most people as they'd still be asleep.

The main problem is that the alarm should display the time when it's going off. This will conflict with any attempt to display a message.

Max

peterw
2008-10-02, 17:00
The main problem is that the alarm should display the time when it's going off. This will conflict with any attempt to display a message.

Since Alarm is part of the core, you could get away with modifying the Date and Time screensaver so the 2nd line shows $time + $alarmComment when an alarm is sounding. For alarms with no comment, this'd be the same as current behavior.