PDA

View Full Version : Music stopping, skipping, muting?

GTax
2008-10-01, 06:35
I've got 3 SBRs, 1 Boom, and 1 SBC. They were working great up until about a week ago, and I've made no changes... At times the music just stops, sometimes it skips to the next song, and other times it seems to mute (the SBC thinks the music is till going as it's showing the time left in the song progressing). I don't think it's the internet since, this is happening on both Pandora and when I play music locally out of my library. They're all wireless, and while I know that can be an issue, the SBC never loses connectivity to the network, and 2 laptops don't have any issues.

I think it may be an issue with synchnorization, since playing just one of the units seems to work ok. Has anyone run into this issue, or know how to fix it? Is it something else? I apologize if this is one of the reported bugs.

Thanks.

MeSue
2008-10-01, 07:21
Sounds like a wireless issue to me. That is pretty much exactly what happens here when I use the microwave.

They're all wireless, and while I know that can be an issue, the SBC never loses connectivity to the network, and 2 laptops don't have any issues.

The SBC and laptops are not steadily streaming, so you can't use them as a gauge for how the players will handle wireless interference. Even though you may not have made any changes in your network, if you have neighbors in range, they might have.

There is a lot of troubleshooting info in the Wiki, which you can reach from the Community link above.