PDA

View Full Version : Priceless!!!

Paul_B
2008-10-01, 04:52
For anyone following the avilability thread you may have seen quite a few comments about lack of communication over delivery dates. Well look what just turned up in my Inbox:

We hope you are enjoying your Squeezebox or Transporter. At Logitech, our first priority is you — our customer. We want to make sure your experience with Logitech has been a good one and that you are satisfied with your purchase. So we created a quick survey so you can tell us what you think. Your input is invaluable.

Take the survey now!

We realize you had a choice, and the choice you made was Logitech. Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Michael Valera
Online Communities Manager
Logitech Streaming Media Business Unit
www.slimdevices.com

P.S. If there is ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team at www.logitech.com/support.

ModelCitizen
2008-10-01, 05:21
But he wasn't asking about your Boom. He was asking about your Squeezebox or Transporter.

I hope you were nice.
:-)

MC

tonywalk
2008-10-01, 07:25
They may not've recovered from my survey yet. I'm amazed that I didn't swear. I gave them a right lambasting though and a lot of nil points.

iPhone
2008-10-01, 07:36
For anyone following the avilability thread you may have seen quite a few comments about lack of communication over delivery dates. Well look what just turned up in my Inbox:

All you folks that are waiting for Booms need to get over it. They will be there when they get there. No amount of communication is going to change that. The big mail order and Internet order places have probably sold more Booms then have been manufactured to date. The Result: delays in delivery of Booms.

All the whining in the world is not going to change that. The Boom is a great product and it is worth waiting for. I know having to wait is not easy, but look at the bright side, if it wasn’t such a wonderful product nobody would be buying it and there would be no wait.

So having to wait is a good thing!

Sike
2008-10-01, 07:39
From what I remember from when I had to do statistics, feedbacks like that rarley make it in to the final statistic. They know that you had a grudge if you gave them nearly all 1's. Best thing to do is to give them 2s and a couple of 3s and 4s (From 10 of course).

Paul_B
2008-10-01, 07:54
iPhone,

It was not the fact of waiting for the Squeezebox Boom it was the complete lack of information or communication even when service tickets were raised. That is my beef.

If I were a new SB custeomer and deciding between a Boom and something else, by now I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere.

iPhone
2008-10-01, 08:24
iPhone,

It was not the fact of waiting for the Squeezebox Boom it was the complete lack of information or communication even when service tickets were raised. That is my beef.

If I were a new SB custeomer and deciding between a Boom and something else, by now I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere.

Yeah your right and I understand that point. But again the reality is that all the communication in the world can never fix the fact that they just can't make and ship them fast enough.

I guess from my point of view, one starts getting tired of seeing all the posts about when the Boom will be available in X country. Because in the end, it will be available when it is available and not one second before. And if somebody gives in or breaks down giving a date or a "maybe two weeks", nobody can help us if that date passes without product as it starts all over again.

Do I think some sales have been missed due to lack of inventory, I do. But it is that way for all devices in high demand.

Speaking of high demand, people here in Atlanta are having to wait up to 2 hours just to be allowed to buy $30 worth of gas. The idiot gas stations don't understand that putting a limit on it just makes the shortage worse. Instead of filling up once and not needing gas for the rest of the week, people have to get in line again sooner wasting another 2 hours mid week. Of course they are only thinking of themselves because if they run out of gas in three hours allowing full fill-ups, they loss all the smokes and beer sales.

jwhitehorn
2008-10-01, 08:32
All you folks that are waiting for Booms need to get over it. They will be there when they get there. No amount of communication is going to change that. The big mail order and Internet order places have probably sold more Booms then have been manufactured to date. The Result: delays in delivery of Booms.

All the whining in the world is not going to change that. The Boom is a great product and it is worth waiting for. I know having to wait is not easy, but look at the bright side, if it wasn’t such a wonderful product nobody would be buying it and there would be no wait.

So having to wait is a good thing!

I don't think it's the waiting that has annoyed people, at least not for me anyway, as you say "it is worth waiting for". It's the broken promises that have left the bitter taste in the mouth. We were given dates of the 3rd, 9th, 18th for delivery and each date was broken. Now these aren't suppliers giving out these dates, it's Logitech themselves giving the dates. These are the people who should KNOW when the shipments are coming in. If someone had said right at the start that the delivery dates in the UK were going to be 29th Sept, that would have been fine - the thrill of anticipation is good for the soul :-)

"All the whining in the world is not going to change that." may be not but if you don't let people know there is a problem they can't fix it.

Now it might be that Logitech management (EMEA) just don't care about their customers and couldn't care about their opinions, it's only a bunch of whinging Poms after all. The guys in the US do - they've been here talking to us, helping us, but EMEA/UK have been conspicious by their absence. But not caring about your customers is not a good thing, especially at the moment. Imagine for instance if the Register had a run an article entitled "Logitech - Boom but no Bang!" about how Logitech couldn't supply goods to it's customers and about how it's kept missing it's delivery dates. You know the sort of thing - storyline, interviews with disgruntled customers, requests to Logitech for comment met with stony silience. And then the speculation starts, may be Logitech is in trouble and actually can't supply the goods, maybe their cash flow isn't so good, with all the banks going under maybe they can't get finance, the share price starts to drop .... and guess what, the management suddenly get real interested in the whinging Poms. And all for the sake of a little communication. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to say "Sorry, we are trying to get it sorted out, this is what's happened ..."

mvalera
2008-10-01, 08:35
Well that is pretty unfair IMO. The NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey was asking you about your experience with the product, not your purchase.

I hope you at least included some textual feedback to put your scores in context.

And BTW, these surveys are read at the highest levels of Logitech. So no matter what your feedback is, good or bad, we are hearing it.

Mike

kidstypike
2008-10-01, 08:58
Well that is pretty unfair IMO. The NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey was asking you about your experience with the product, not your purchase.

Mike

I've just received the "Customer Survey".

Which product do you want us to register? The one we haven't received yet????

kidstypike

mvalera
2008-10-01, 09:00
Just to clarify the unfair part...

This survey is used by Logitech to measure how well all the Logitech BU's (like the Logitech Streaming Media Business Unit - AKA the Squeezebox guys) is satisfying the customer with their products.

If you had a bad ecom experience, that's not the BU's fault but your bad scores will be affecting us.

Mike

mvalera
2008-10-01, 09:04
I've just received the "Customer Survey".

Which product do you want us to register? The one we haven't received yet????

kidstypike

If you don't have a product, then please accept my apology.

We're trying to get some responses for our older products, and we used our current opt in list. In the future this survey will go out automatically 30 days after you have a new product signed up on SqueezeNetwork and if you have opted in to receive email from us there.

That's not working yet, and we needed to collect some baseline data.

Mike

Paul_B
2008-10-01, 09:20
Michael,

Whether it is fair or not from the customers perspective how do you think people are going to respond?

As I am sure you aware my situation was an online ordered placed on 9th September, recive confirmation email. Then nothing (ignoring the fact I participate on this forum), seven days later I raise a support ticket with Logitech pre-sales support. Again I hear nothing.

Then on the 30th September I receive an email from UPS about shipping and a dispatch note from Logitech. This morning I receive an email to participate in a survey about what I think of a product I haven't yet received. It just rubs salt into the wounds.

I probably will fill in the survey and mark according to the questions, leaving my comments about Customer Service / Support and Logistics to the free-form text entry box.

However, I am sure many responses may not be so obliging

mvalera
2008-10-01, 09:23
I completely understand your frustration, and I'm very sorry it took so long to get your product. Your frustration is warranted.

I just wanted everyone to understand that hitting "Logitech" in that survey for the poor ecom experience will actually be hurting the guys that made and designed the product, and not the guys that you ordered from.

There's also this possibility... rate your product experience with your scores, and then give as much feedback as you want in the text areas about your ecom experience. As I said, every one of those get's read.

You can also reply to me in email, and I will forward that on to both the Corporate Customer Experience team, and my senior management.

Mike

Paul_B
2008-10-01, 09:41
You can also reply to me in email, and I will forward that on to both the Corporate Customer Experience team, and my senior management.

I think that is a very good suggestion if it will help you and the guys at Slim. Although at times I have vented my frustration at Slim it was out of frustration with Logitech. I will send an email and complete the survey once my device arrives. I'd encourage anyone else in Europe who has suffered the same problems to do the same

Paul

davep
2008-10-01, 15:19
Michael,
I too got the survey email and, when I went to do it, found a funny thing. I input my location via the drop box as Hong Kong (which it is) and then after being a little surprised that the products drop contained a whole catalogue of stuff like mice and keyboards in a survey that had been sent to me personally with reference to my SB/Transporter, finally figured that this must be Wireless Music Systems. Then I look at the Products dropdown and see only two choices - Duet and Music DJ - neither of which I have.

I then redo the inputs pretending I am in the UK and see a whole string of SB products including the Classic, the Controller and the Transporter - all of which I do have and all of which I have bought from Slim/Logitech in the past 3 years.

My point is that somebody has gone to a lot of trouble to code the dropdowns to only show products which are presumably available via retail in the respective local markets, and then sent the survey to the email address of somebody that their customer database will show has a bunch of products which are not listed and has none of those that are.

So as it is configured I can't actually take the survey.

davep

Jazz1
2008-10-01, 18:20
Same here, I got the survey at work I figured because I just got a Boom. Finding the Boom was a little counter-intuitive as I thought I wouldn't have to dig so deep. Never-the-less I found it when reviewing the e-mail at home and gave big thumbs up to the product and support.

Michael,
I too got the survey email and, when I went to do it, found a funny thing. I input my location via the drop box as Hong Kong (which it is) and then after being a little surprised that the products drop contained a whole catalogue of stuff like mice and keyboards in a survey that had been sent to me personally with reference to my SB/Transporter, finally figured that this must be Wireless Music Systems. Then I look at the Products dropdown and see only two choices - Duet and Music DJ - neither of which I have.

snip
davep

Sike
2008-10-02, 00:54
I just wanted everyone to understand that hitting "Logitech" in that survey for the poor ecom experience will actually be hurting the guys that made and designed the product, and not the guys that you ordered from.

There's also this possibility... rate your product experience with your scores, and then give as much feedback as you want in the text areas about your ecom experience. As I said, every one of those get's read.

Hi Mike

I am extremly happy with the devices and more or less happy with the software.

The reason most of us hard-core EU customers from the forum will give bad feedback is due to the availibilty and flexibility of Slimdevices Logitech has robbed from us.

In the past a new product could be ordered directly from SD, now we have to wait until Logitech gets the product to local distributors, which can take months. This added to the lack of communication on when devices will become availible in the forums leads to unhappy customors. The Duet, for example, took nearly 5 months from when it was announced at CES until it was availible in main land europe. You guys with some inside knowledge could of least found out when the products will be availible (On store shelves) in the various BUs and informed us, instead of the 'no comment' silence. Doing that would not harm Logitech, but make them a bit more 'human'.

This of course only applies to the hard core fan base, but we probably are your best salespeople. When the Boom was announced, someone asked me if I knew a good product listen to his tunes in the kitchen. I told him I had just the product for him, but it could take a while. (Spoiler alert, Happy ending: He has had it up and running for two weeks now and is -very- happy with it.

I feel the most for the people who have spent money on UPS overnight shipping and have no idea when they will get the product.

I could rattle on about not being able to order replacement remotes, but that all has been said before. These are however real issues for us EU (Probably anywhere but America). We can live with nearly none of the music services being availible here, but at least give us the hardware.

Again, if I get a Customer Survey I will be nice, but comment on Logitech spoiling -part- of the fun.

mvalera
2008-10-02, 14:52
Michael,

I then redo the inputs pretending I am in the UK and see a whole string of SB products including the Classic, the Controller and the Transporter - all of which I do have and all of which I have bought from Slim/Logitech in the past 3 years.

My point is that somebody has gone to a lot of trouble to code the dropdowns to only show products which are presumably available via retail in the respective local markets, and then sent the survey to the email address of somebody that their customer database will show has a bunch of products which are not listed and has none of those that are.

So as it is configured I can't actually take the survey.

davep

Thanks for the feedback. I'll send it on to the Customer Experience team.

As it is right now, it think the products and categories are based on the Logitech.com website by country. That's obviously causing a problem.

Mike

oreillymj
2008-10-02, 15:08
Mike,

Anyone coming to these forums know you guys work really hard and are different to any other hardware company out there. So it is unfair that you're on the end of a bashing that Logitech EMEA deserve.

In a way we should all be pleased as a community that the Boom has been so popular. Unfortunately for me in Ireland my choices in regards e-tailer who'll ship to here are limited.

Also, Ireland doesn't exist as far as Logitech EU are concerned, so the delivery costs for the Boom are hiked to €42 which is about 15% of the cost of the Boom itself. Sorry I can't pay that. I haven't seen any in shops here.

toby10
2008-10-02, 16:01
Just to clarify the unfair part...

This survey is used by Logitech to measure how well all the Logitech BU's (like the Logitech Streaming Media Business Unit - AKA the Squeezebox guys) is satisfying the customer with their products.

If you had a bad ecom experience, that's not the BU's fault but your bad scores will be affecting us.

Mike

I suppose a possible answer to this mess is threefold:

1. As you have said, rate the SD hardware and support HIGH and note the ecom/retail/delivery/out of stock experience with Logitech as POOR via the text.

2. Maybe SD could offer direct sales *temporarily* to those in countries/regions where the new product is not available yet? Direct sales no longer available after confirmation that Logitech has stock in those countries/regions? It's a big company with big contracts, so this may not fly at corporate.

3. Logitech should add an entire (and separate) portion and rating system for the purchase & delivery experience on these questionnaires.

Offering #2 would solve all three issues. :)

I'd guess most who want to order direct, and pay the added cost for international shipping, are mostly SD Forum regulars and contributors. Reward them for their loyalty, if at all possible. :)

tonywalk
2008-10-04, 05:22
It looks like there's two surveys going around.

The one I was mailed about was from Logitech EMEA Customer Support Team and was all about the purchasing experience, hence the lambasting.

Now I have my Boom and love it I would be happy to take the other survey and give the product and the Slim guys themselves the kudos they deserve.