PDA

View Full Version : How Does SqueezeBox Know Where I Am?

MikeekiM
2008-09-30, 06:54
RadioIO has a selection for local radio stations...

How does it know where I am located? I don't recall entering in a location identifier (zip code, city, etc)... I know that the SqueezeCenter can likely pull my timezone (i.e., "Pacific"), but that is not enough information to filter SF Bay Area radio stations from those in Los Angeles...

I don't have a RadioIO login associated with my SqueezeNetwork...

I must have entered a location identifier somewhere...(and can also change it)... Where is this configured?

Additionally, why is is that some stations are missing when I am in the SqueezeCenter, but not in the SqueezeNetwork? What would drive a difference?

andyg
2008-09-30, 06:57
RadioTime uses IP-based geo-location to determine what to put in the Local Radio menu.

Howard Passman
2008-09-30, 08:49
Yeah, what Andy said....and bread crumbs :-)

mvalera
2008-09-30, 11:05
There's a camera behind the faceplate.... smile and say cheese! :)

Mike

Themis
2008-09-30, 12:28
There's a camera behind the faceplate.... smile and say cheese! :):D

(still holding belly thinking of the guy behind the camera...)

amcluesent
2008-09-30, 12:37
Does the NSA log all requests for radio streams, building a file on anyone who listens to un-American material?

iPhone
2008-09-30, 14:01
There's a camera behind the faceplate.... smile and say cheese! :)

Mike

Oh come on now Mike. We both know that is only on the new Logitech Branded Squeezeboxes and the OP didn't say which logo he has. Logitech had to do something with those webcams they didn't sell!

And don't forget about the hidden built-in GPS receiver. And oh yeah the bread crumb trail as mentioned above. And the credit card you used to purchase your Squeezebox.

And, and, and that thing Andy said about global IP root addresses.