johnzva
2008-09-29, 16:40
My Slimserver info is:
SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
Squeezebox Player firmware is 4.0

When I save current playlist, I get a playlist file which is only 1KB vs 756kb from prior saved playlist. I Have not had to save playlist since upgrading to 6.5.4 from a previous version. Please help!! john

johnzva
2008-09-29, 16:46
SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.153
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
squeezebox player firmware version 4.0

When I save playlists I get a 1kb file. Last playlist I saved prior to upgrading to version 6.5.4 was 756kb. Please help/ any suggestions?? John

Siduhe
2008-09-30, 00:22
Starting with the basics, have you set a playlist folder in SS (Settings)? If not, SS has nowhere to save the playlists.

Assuming that you have, is the playlist folder on the same drive as Slimserver is installed on, or is it on an external drive?

Also check you haven't disabled the .m3u or .pls file types under Settings/File Types.

johnzva
2008-09-30, 13:51
I checked server settings on for the program (program is located on C Drive. Music is on the E Drive. ) I tried reassigning the PLAYLIST to the c drive folder where the squeezebox program is. Same problem. The saved PLAYLIST is only 1kb.
You mentioned "Also check you haven't disabled the .m3u or .pls file types under Settings/File Types.
" but I could not find where this item is located. John

Siduhe
2008-09-30, 14:10
Disabling file types may have been introduced after 6.5 - try looking under Settings/File Types?

If you open up the playlist file in a text editor (one of the dodgy ones) is there any text in there?

Also, try going to Settings/Debugging and enabling the d_playlist flag, then create and save a playlist - what does the logfile show?

I found an old thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=37995&highlight=playlist+save+6.5.4) which sounds a little bit like your issue, so you might want to try stopping SS, deleting the cache folder and then restarting to see if this sorts out your issue. Also make sure your antivirus program is specifically set to allow Slimserver (you may need to add an exception again esp. after upgrading).