PDA

View Full Version : Display on new controller

KJAWolf
2008-09-28, 13:08
I picked up a new Duet today, and I'm having trouble turning it on. It's been charging (I think) for an hour. The keys light up, but not the display. What else should I be doing?

Thanks,
Ken

KJAWolf
2008-09-28, 14:22
I picked up a new Duet today, and I'm having trouble turning it on. It's been charging (I think) for an hour. The keys light up, but not the display. What else should I be doing?

Thanks,
Ken

Well, another hour and the display lights up, but there is no image. I've tried powering it up and down with no apparent effect.

funkstar
2008-09-28, 14:46
I would contact support or your retailer, could be that you have a defective controller.

KJAWolf
2008-09-29, 06:23
After about 7 hours of effort, I finally got it going. I probably spent 6.5 of those hours staring at a blank white screen. What is that supposed to mean? On the second of the three firmware/controller updates I got a message about a bad MAC address.

funkstar
2008-09-29, 06:30
No idea what that means, although I'm guessing it's not a case of the MAC address being noughty :)

personaly I would contact support, that is what they are there for.

bklaas
2008-09-29, 12:14
That's not at all proper behavior. Sounds like faulty hardware to me, I'd look to getting that replaced.

cheers,
#!/ben