PDA

View Full Version : I'd like a portable wifi radio receiver

Airlia
2008-09-28, 09:21
I purchased my SqueezeBox because I wanted to play the music on my PC thoughout my house. But now I find I listed to internet radio more than my own music. My husband however, does not always want to hear what I'm listening to. I really wish Logitech would develope a mp3 player sized portable receiver/player so I could listed with my earphones as I move around my house. I'm wondering if anyone else would like to have such a device. I know Logitech would develope a very good product.

SuperQ
2008-09-28, 11:56
Nokia N810 tablet, or iPod Touch should be able to do those things.

SuperQ
2008-09-28, 12:07
Hopefully the SqueezeBox controller's headphone port will some day be able to playback using SqueezeCenter.

funkstar
2008-09-28, 13:00
Hopefully the SqueezeBox controller's headphone port will some day be able to playback using SqueezeCenter.
Slated for SC7.3.

Audio playback will be required in the SqueezeOS for SqueezePlay as it is going to be the replacement for SoftSqueeze as a desktop player.

Mike Meyer
2008-09-29, 08:02
I am also looking for something like this. It sounds like there are probably too many 'close enough' alternatives to warrant a new device to be created by Logitech.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=52858

tamanaco
2008-09-29, 12:52
If you own a Smartphone with an unlimited data plan with a service provider that has a 3G network or a Smartphone/PDA with WiFi you can check out Conduit Pocket Player 3.7. http://www.conduits.com/products/player/ You can connect to ShoutCast via Pocket Player and easily interface to Shoutcast and select any of their Internet stations. I also like this player because, like the Squeezebox, its features can be extended via plugins. I use it on my Smartphone to play a subset of my FLAC library transcoded to MP3s while I'm on the go. I use a scrobbler plugin to scrobble the tracks I listen to last.fm via the cell network or WiFi. It even has a plugin to play FLAC, but given the size of FLAC files I would not recommend them for mobile devices with limited memory. My Smarphone with Pocket Player has become my little SqueezeBox on the go. Two things I recommend if you go decide to use a Smartphone or PDA. Get one with a dedicated headphone plug to listen via headphone while charging the battery and large storage card. You want to be able to keep the phone charging when you near an AC adapter and want to listen for a prolonged periods of time. I sometimes use the built-in speakers of my Smartphone to listen to internet radio when I'm in hotels that are within my 3G network area of coverage or have WiFi available.

lanierb
2008-09-29, 14:26
iPhone. ___

SuperQ
2008-09-29, 16:00
Slated for SC7.3.

Audio playback will be required in the SqueezeOS for SqueezePlay as it is going to be the replacement for SoftSqueeze as a desktop player.

Awesome, I feel like doing a happy dance.

funkstar
2008-09-30, 23:17
Awesome, I feel like doing a happy dance.
Feel free, don't let us stop you :)

iPhone
2008-10-01, 08:10
I purchased my SqueezeBox because I wanted to play the music on my PC thoughout my house. But now I find I listed to internet radio more than my own music. My husband however, does not always want to hear what I'm listening to. I really wish Logitech would develope a mp3 player sized portable receiver/player so I could listed with my earphones as I move around my house. I'm wondering if anyone else would like to have such a device. I know Logitech would develope a very good product.

And I would like 10 million dollars!

You should buy a Duet or Controller after the headphone jack has been activated.