PDA

View Full Version : using itunes for album covers

hammond
2008-09-27, 17:23
I have 120 gb of music and of course not all of the music are tagged with album cover or has a album.jpg file in the appropiate folder.

So, I thought I'd use Itunes, because Itunes finds a lot of album art that I dont have.

I wonder, is it any poimt of using itunes because of the album art?

I see that some people mean that the squeezecenter doesnt read the album art in Itunes? if so, its easier for me to use squeezenter directly.

now I actually need to scan my music twice each time I save a ne album in to my collection.

what do you think? does it read the album art from Itunes?

tedfroop
2008-09-27, 19:05
MP3Tag may be a better solution. You didn't mention what format you music is in but some formats allow you to add the artwork to the tag. Nice and neat. You can organize any way you want - no folder.jpg needed and SqueezeCenter picks em up just fine.

iTunes does three things that can cause problems. First off iTunes only attaches the artwork (and most of the tag information) to the first track in a disk. That is what it is but what if you only have track 6 from a disk?

Somewhere in the tag it hides an if number that leads to an encrypted jpg. Last but not least you need an iTunes account to get artwork and your account email is something that gets added to your tags in some cases as well...

Nonreality
2008-09-28, 01:58
MP3Tag may be a better solution. You didn't mention what format you music is in but some formats allow you to add the artwork to the tag. Nice and neat. You can organize any way you want - no folder.jpg needed and SqueezeCenter picks em up just fine.

iTunes does three things that can cause problems. First off iTunes only attaches the artwork (and most of the tag information) to the first track in a disk. That is what it is but what if you only have track 6 from a disk?

Somewhere in the tag it hides an if number that leads to an encrypted jpg. Last but not least you need an iTunes account to get artwork and your account email is something that gets added to your tags in some cases as well...
Itunes used to and may still only keep the album art in one folder and not with the music you need. It refers to that folder for it's own reading. Doesn't help you with other programs. Like has been said you either need to attach the artwork via a tag or have it in the same folder as the album as a folder.jpg. There are other naming conventions but that one works for most programs. You may need to use mp3tag or mediamonkey or some other program to get it all correct. A bit of work but once you get on top of it then it's easy to keep it all correct.

AndrewFG
2008-10-05, 23:10
I have 120 gb of music and of course not all of the music are tagged with album cover or has a album.jpg file in the appropiate folder.

So, I thought I'd use Itunes, because Itunes finds a lot of album art that I dont have.

I wonder, is it any poimt of using itunes because of the album art?

I see that some people mean that the squeezecenter doesnt read the album art in Itunes? if so, its easier for me to use squeezenter directly.

now I actually need to scan my music twice each time I save a ne album in to my collection.

what do you think? does it read the album art from Itunes?

Try this link: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=53413