PDA

View Full Version : Completely uninstall 7.x

funkahdafi
2008-09-26, 06:38
Hi,

I've been having tons of issues with m4a files on my SC on Mac OS X. Bug was filed, but never resolved. So I am thinking about completely removing the software, every single bit of it, and reinstall and reconfigure. Go fresh, so to say.

Now how do I get rid of SC? I guess the usual uninstall will leave some bits and pieces on the system. I seem to remember I read an article about it a while ago, but can't find it no more. Any clues?

Thanks
Sascha

mvalera
2008-09-26, 10:17
If you're talking about bug 8858 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8858), that bug would not apply to you.

That was specific to the New Streaming code that has not yet been implemented in the public SqueezeCenter downloads. It will not be in the public builds until 7.3 is released, and it's supposed to be fixed before that happens.

If you are using the public builds of 7, 7.01, or 7.2 this bug does not apply to you. I would contact support for help with your problem.

Mike

funkahdafi
2008-09-27, 06:03
No, I am talking about a different bug. #8444 and #8434.

So how do I uninstall SC cleanly enough that I can be sure a new install will in no way be affected by the previous install?

Thanks
Sascha

avta
2008-09-27, 08:12
Here's what I do. I use Mac OS 10.4.11. Right click the Slim Center icon in the System Preferences. Then select the Remove command. Next open the Mac Hard Drive and enter " Squeezecenter " in the search box then hit Return. This will bring up a list of all the folders that have files related to Squeezecenter. Right click each one and select " move to trash ". That should do it.

badlyread
2008-09-27, 09:33
How do you 'right click' with a mac mouse?

I need to completely uninstall as the SqueezeCenter server will just not start at all. I don't know if this is related but the SB3 was having a few problems before I installed 7.2 (running OSX 10.5.5) and not letting me access anything just getting caught in a loop eg Artist > Artist > Artist etc.

Help please! Reduced to running iPod thru' the amp!!

funkahdafi
2008-09-27, 13:11
How do you 'right click' with a mac mouse?

Press the CTRL key, hold it, then press the mouse button. Or get yourself a two button mouse (or more). Makes live easier. Basically any USB mouse you find on the market will work on your Mac.

badlyread
2008-09-28, 00:39
thanks.

Completely uninstalled and then re-installed. Server still will not start!!!! Aarrgh!!!

badlyread
2008-09-28, 00:43
Firewall on the mac allows all incoming connections by the way.

mvalera
2008-09-29, 14:34
It's probably time to contact support. They are best equiped to help you with your problem:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html#email

mike